What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa dissapointing once again!  (Read 6714 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Master Spa dissapointing once again!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 02:54:26 pm »
Bubba Stu,

Good strategy...I hope they take you up on the offer...it's dealers like you that everyone should hope to do business with.

And the older I get and the more windsurfing I do, the more martinis I need!  ::)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 02:54:26 pm »

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 11:36:48 am »
Well,
I did get a call from someone at Master on the Spa with cracks that needs replaced, we've already received an authorization but no one can tell me when he gets a new one. The guy that called us said that he could not answer us or call us back until Wed due to the fact that they close at noon on Friday and he was taking a long weekend. He must be the only one at Master to take care of these things....

So I'm tired of my customers getting the run around! I have a letter from the president of Master saying that they will honor warranty through us and sell us products to keep the spas we sold in service yet they are really doing a poor job of that.

I feel that my only recourse is to send a copy of the letter and a complaint to the BBB in Indiana and get as many of these customers on the forums as possible.

I will help them set up accounts but here are a few of the problems;

Ty, bought his spa on the voucher program, did everything correct but was rejected because they would not take his original contract marked $500 cash as a cash receipt for the down payment. Several of his jet heads popped out and some of his jet housings cracked (all in the same place, defect), then he sees micro crazing all over his shell. He has been almost 2 months without his spa.

Cal, could not mount the CM3 cover lift in his deck correctly due to lack of frame support in the spa. Replaced topside once and had to wait over a month. His circuit board has been out for around 4 months and backordered at Master.

Marci, LS700 that was running around $100 per month on power bills (3 years ago), we put a meter between the spa and the house to track it. Master told us it was impossible but we had records. We took the spa off of the deck, added insulation, put it on an insulated pad and it is down to an average of about $45 per month but the spa runs so loud they hate to turn the jets on. They are trying to sell it and buy a D1 from us.

Jody and Nancy, Bought an FST on the voucher program and were denied for mail receipt (which was in the packet when sent), TV has never worked, stereo is out, we've replaced 3 floating remotes and the spa run way to loud to hear anything anyway. Master sent them a remote to their house that we had on order and bypassed us... Still can't get the TV to operate and can't get a tech at Master to explain why, TV is now out of warranty.

ED, every motor leaked at bleed lines, plumbing joint leak at jet, took two months to get jets.

Bob, replaced 3 circuit boards with each one taking between 2 to 3 months to get in...

I have many more but some have just given up...if we run out of filters it takes almost 2 months to get more in (and they are proprietary). The large flat filter on top that Master used as such a selling tool swells up and won't fit correctly or the clips keep falling off and it floats. Master's answer to this is to take it out because "it's not necessary!!"

I'm going to continue these posts, encourage my customers to also in addition to filing the BBB claim until my customers are taken care of.

BTW, Master had a factory booth at the state fair putting more effort into selling new spas instead of taking care of the ones that are already out there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 11:39:08 am by stuart »

windsurfdog

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 02:48:03 pm »
bubba stu,

All I can say is that I absolutely hate it for you and your customers...and I just don't understand why MS cannot be more responsive.  I hope yours is an isolated case but it is tough to believe that you would be the only one.  I'll continue probing my dealer and see if he is experiencing any similar difficulties.  As I posted in another thread, after 2+ years of ownership, I just had a second spinner jet fail.  I took it into the dealer who did not have a replacement on the shelf.  I received it under warranty delivered to my door by UPS direct from the factory just this weekend.  I'm glad I'm not experiencing the frustrations of you and your customers and I'm just in a quandry why MS isn't responding.  Please don't let it drive you crazy though I can see how it would be difficult not to go stark raving mad.  Come on down to Florida and let me make you a martini....or 12.... :o
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 03:24:55 pm »
Well Windy,
I think that like myself the guys at Master have heard that you are a great connection for Florida hangouts and might make the best Martini in Fl so they do everything they can to keep you happy!! ;) 8-)

windsurfdog

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 04:13:40 pm »
Yeah, I gotta treat'em special just like we treat the ladies special down here in Sunnyland.  You've heard our mantra, haven't you?

"Get the women liquored up!  Get the women liquored up!  Get the women liquored up!"
 8-)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2006, 08:50:05 pm »
Windy buddy,
Anybody that is as old as you and still windsurfing needs martini's! ;)

Then again where you live windsurfing might be considered transportation to work some seasons...

BTW, I called the VP of Master yesterday morning and left him a message. So far no return call so I've decided to give it until tomorrow and then call my customers with all the forums that I can think of and give them an in-store credit to relate thier frustrations and stories...

i AM SURE PLAN B WILL WORK

stuart

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2006, 12:18:33 am »
ZZ, Buddy!!
Your still around!!??  How ya been?

Hey everybody....it's his fault I'm even on this forum!!

(sorry ZZ, I might have just gotten you banned... );) ;D 8-)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Q!!
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2006, 03:04:07 pm »
ZZ, Buddy!!
Your still around!!??  How ya been?

Hey everybody....it's his fault I'm even on this forum!!

(sorry ZZ, I might have just gotten you banned... );) ;D 8-)

Thanks for the mention.

Doing fine.

I see you are still doing the good work.  Keep it up, the world needs more guys like you! :)

Regards, Zz

clover

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 10:37:40 pm »
Well,
I did get a call from someone at Master on the Spa with cracks that needs replaced, we've already received an authorization but no one can tell me when he gets a new one. The guy that called us said that he could not answer us or call us back until Wed due to the fact that they close at noon on Friday and he was taking a long weekend. He must be the only one at Master to take care of these things....

So I'm tired of my customers getting the run around! I have a letter from the president of Master saying that they will honor warranty through us and sell us products to keep the spas we sold in service yet they are really doing a poor job of that.

I feel that my only recourse is to send a copy of the letter and a complaint to the BBB in Indiana and get as many of these customers on the forums as possible.

I will help them set up accounts but here are a few of the problems;

Ty, bought his spa on the voucher program, did everything correct but was rejected because they would not take his original contract marked $500 cash as a cash receipt for the down payment. Several of his jet heads popped out and some of his jet housings cracked (all in the same place, defect), then he sees micro crazing all over his shell. He has been almost 2 months without his spa.

Cal, could not mount the CM3 cover lift in his deck correctly due to lack of frame support in the spa. Replaced topside once and had to wait over a month. His circuit board has been out for around 4 months and backordered at Master.

Marci, LS700 that was running around $100 per month on power bills (3 years ago), we put a meter between the spa and the house to track it. Master told us it was impossible but we had records. We took the spa off of the deck, added insulation, put it on an insulated pad and it is down to an average of about $45 per month but the spa runs so loud they hate to turn the jets on. They are trying to sell it and buy a D1 from us.

Jody and Nancy, Bought an FST on the voucher program and were denied for mail receipt (which was in the packet when sent), TV has never worked, stereo is out, we've replaced 3 floating remotes and the spa run way to loud to hear anything anyway. Master sent them a remote to their house that we had on order and bypassed us... Still can't get the TV to operate and can't get a tech at Master to explain why, TV is now out of warranty.

ED, every motor leaked at bleed lines, plumbing joint leak at jet, took two months to get jets.

Bob, replaced 3 circuit boards with each one taking between 2 to 3 months to get in...

I have many more but some have just given up...if we run out of filters it takes almost 2 months to get more in (and they are proprietary). The large flat filter on top that Master used as such a selling tool swells up and won't fit correctly or the clips keep falling off and it floats. Master's answer to this is to take it out because "it's not necessary!!"

I'm going to continue these posts, encourage my customers to also in addition to filing the BBB claim until my customers are taken care of.

BTW, Master had a factory booth at the state fair putting more effort into selling new spas instead of taking care of the ones that are already out there.
customer experiences like this can destroy an honest man's business.  You sell what you believe to be "a good choice" and the problems are not responded to by the manufacturer, because they are more interested in selling numbers than supporting the dealer and keeping the customer happy.  Consequently, customer referrals drop dramatically and you try your best to help YOUR customer listening to their long list of complaints, as you take a beating ONLY because you sold what you "thought" was a good choice.

Sorry about your experiences Stuart, I feel your pain.  In spite of your admirable efforts, people who experience these types of problems become bitter about their decision and tend to take it out on the "dealer" that sold it to them when he is not the bad guy at all.  

Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2006, 10:37:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42