What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Posting Pictures  (Read 5589 times)

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Posting Pictures
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:41:14 pm »
How do you post pictures?

Hot Tub Forum

Posting Pictures
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:41:14 pm »

grumpy

Re: Posting Pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 01:22:57 pm »
Find a picture you want to post (it has to be hosted on a website, will not work if it is on your hard drive). Right click on the picture and select PROPERTIES from the drop down menu. Copy the URL of the picture and then click on the little "image" button , then paste the URL between the img tags.

PS. Some websites do not allow you to link to their images as it uses their bandwidth.
PSS. If you need to post a picture fron your hard drive, it first needs to be hosted on the web, try PhotoBucket. There are other similar image hosting websites.  8-)

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 08:48:59 pm »
The least you could have done was quote me. >:( ;D

grumpy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 07:34:03 am »
sorry did not know how to quote. Just know how to copy and paste. :-?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 09:52:35 am »
Right. The picture will need to be "hosted" (loaded onto ) an image server.  Photobucket and Imageshack are two popular free websites that allow you upload images to them, and then they provide you with the command line code to post to web sites, messages boards and such.

Suppose I had a picture of a bad spa and wanted to show everyone.

1) I have the image loaded onto my hard drive, somewhere in my folders.
2) I go to http://www.imageshack.com  or http://photobucket.com
3) From the website,  Using thier "upload" feature, I browse my directorys for the right picture and select it for upload
4) Once uploaded, I copy the appropriate command line for the pic (for instance, photobucket will show the pic, and provide 3 of the more popular command lines/html codes for pics. ) This forum requires the line have an  IMG tag in brackets.
5) I copy the IMG  line and paste it here in my post!

See?  Yoou can also add some snarky remarks to draw attention to your picture and annoy unscrupulios lying spa salemen.  Like this:

Here's a pic of a crappy tub with poor filtration that wasn't taken care of by the customer.  IT was made by a con man with a brain disorder who lives in the midwest.  Also notice the overpriced, poorly cut thermal blanket draped over the cover. See the cheap cover lifter.  Honestly, this has to be one of the ugliest tubs I've ever seen. THe finish on the wood cabinet looks like it was done by a special needs child on crack. I wouldn't let my dog get into this POS.  It's one of the most poorly made units available.   ;)  

Too bad the tub above is nothing like my Tiger River Caspian.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 12:32:09 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Altazi

• 3 seats, 155hp jet pump - anything BUT relaxing!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 10:53:48 am »
If I look at the picture, your signature line below looks like a caption.  Probably not what you were intending.  "So this is a Tiger River Caspian he is talking so unkindly about. . . Hmmmm. . . ." ;)

"sorry did not know how to quote. Just know how to copy and paste."  Now, I wonder what the QUOTE button might do? ::)

Regards,

Altazi

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:59:42 am »
Thanks Altazi. I changed it. I don't think Tiger River would want to be associated with the tub in the picture.

;)

(And thanks to my friends who e-mail those wonderful pics of bad tubs. )
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:00:19 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 02:00:10 pm »
Drewster.  Thanks for the very clear instructions.  Can you also tell us how people get other people's text in a box in there reply...
OK......I am not a techie....

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 02:26:24 pm »
Drewster.  Thanks for the very clear instructions.  Can you also tell us how people get other people's text in a box in there reply...
OK......I am not a techie....

They click the "quote" button in the upper right hand corner of the post they want to quote.

Pretty tricky, eh?

You can also manually put in quote tags  by typing the word "quote" and placing it in square brackets, (close it off by using the / quote in square brackets.

I typed the quote tag and am now typing my own quote, or I could also cut and paste between the quote tags. to close this off, I will use the / quote in brackets.

Itialics work the same way except use the letter "i"   [ i]  type here but have brakets without spaces in them [/ i]  See?

everything goes in brackets, and closed off with a /

I hope that made sense.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 02:27:46 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 03:06:53 pm »

They click the "quote" button in the upper right hand corner of the post they want to quote.

Pretty tricky, eh?

You can also manually put in quote tags  by typing the word "quote" and placing it in square brackets, (close it off by using the / quote in square brackets.

I typed the quote tag and am now typing my own quote, or I could also cut and paste between the quote tags. to close this off, I will use the / quote in brackets.

Itialics work the same way except use the letter "i"   [ i]  type here but have brakets without spaces in them [/ i]  See?

everything goes in brackets, and closed off with a /

I hope that made sense.
[/quote]
let's see if this works....

hottbpete

• Caldera Niagara
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 03:09:30 pm »

OK Drew second try.....let's see if this works

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 03:14:19 pm »

OK Drew second try.....let's see if this works

There it is.

Tomorrow we discuss creating fake user names to post to internet sites, photshopping, and how to meet women on the internet.  Maybe a bit of spell check too.

;)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 03:15:03 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 07:03:33 pm »
How about a guide on how to piss off every person on every hot tub forum while thinking you are the smartest person in the world. Ooops, I guess I need to ask mr. Caven. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 07:03:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42