What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: cover question?  (Read 2277 times)

Drifter

• Master Spa LS850 Owner!
cover question?
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:32:20 am »
I have a 2003 Master LS 850 and the foam core on one side has broken into many pieces. The cover is about 3-4 years old. AM i Better off trying to replace the core or the whole cover. Also if I am going to replace the cover anyone have any suggestions as to which cover I should buy or where I should buy it from? Several on line sites are offereing free shipping on covers from 299.00 to 325. It's been a while since I visited the forum but thanks for any help!

Hot Tub Forum

cover question?
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:32:20 am »

tumbleweed

• HotTub'n
Re: cover question?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 07:54:29 am »
You can just replace the foam, but it is a huge hassle.  Remember that the cover is the most important piece of your spas insulation.  I would buy a new cover from a local dealer.  That way if there are any issues, you can have it taken care of right away.  Amd they can make sure you have a perfect fit and good seal so you are not wasting heat.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 08:24:41 am »
Drifter...long time no see!  Hope everything is well besides your cover.

Make sure to check here for your cover.  Doc will take great care of you... 8-)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 09:36:50 am »
At that age it may be difficult, if not impossible, to replace just the foam core. Most manufacturers have slightly different specs on the dimensions of their foam. If the foam thickness and taper isn't right, it either wont fit or will fit loosely and baggy. Additionally, as a cover ages the vinyl loses pliability and shrinks a bit (it can even compress the foam slightly) This makes it even more difficult to try to replace a foam core.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 10:10:14 am »
I agree with the doctor. We get covers for many different spas for our local area. We happen to use one particular manufacturer. We have the same question asked of us.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 10:10:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42