What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Washing Tri-X filters in dishwasher  (Read 6645 times)

Danny_L

Washing Tri-X filters in dishwasher
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:18:27 pm »
I've come up on my first cleaning of the Tri-X filters and put them in the dishwasher when my wife informed me if the rinsing agent will effect them.  Glad she told me before I turned the dishwasher on.  I guess this rinsing agent she uses goes in this dispensing compartment and I'm guessing softnes the water so you don't get spots on your dishes.  There shouldn't be any soap in this stuff, but when I shake the bottle, it does make bubbles like it does.  I ended up using the old fashion garden hose wash instead since I wasn't sure.

Anyone have experience with this rinsing agent stuff?  Thanks.
2006 Hotsprings Vista

Hot Tub Forum

Washing Tri-X filters in dishwasher
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:18:27 pm »

Reese

Re: Washing Tri-X filters in dishwasher
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 04:44:41 pm »
Washing filters in a dishwasher sounds great from a convenience standpoint, but seeing what comes off when I rinse mine with a hose :o, and worse yet, what the water ends up looking like after soaking in filter cleaner :P, there is no way I'd put them in the same dishwasher we use for the things we eat with.  Think about what comes off your body in the hot tub -- from skin, to oils, to hair, to material that you usually associate with toilets.  Regardless of Hot Spring marketing this as a solution to dealing with all the filters their no-bypass system requires, and saying it's no problem...if you do it, I'd disinfect the dishwasher with chlorine immediately after.

Brookenstein

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 06:36:32 pm »
I rinse my filters with the hose first, use cleaner, rinse with hose lots, then use the DW,  use rinse cycle (10 min) on DW (incase of the Jet Dry), rinse with hose again.  Could be overkill, but I don't want foam.   :)

When I first started using the DW I tried to get a straight answer in regards to the Jet Dry stuff... but never got one.  I haven't had any ill effects from it.  I know some people can turn it off on their DW, but I can't.  If I'm low on it and know I will clean filters soon, then I won't refill, but for the most part I'm pretty sure I get it every time I clean them in it.

Danny_L

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 07:01:36 pm »
Thanks, I'll give that a try.  I really like the Tri-X filters.  They seem much more stronger than the paper filters.  ;)
2006 Hotsprings Vista

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 08:34:47 pm »
Twice the square footage too!
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 01:02:51 pm »
I don't have a dishwasher at the store, so I use a waterhose.  Takes less than 10 minutes to clean 5 filters.  They are SO much easier to clean than paper cartridges.  It's a small price to pay for having clean pumps, heaters, and plumbing.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spiderman

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 03:03:49 pm »
 They are SO much easier to clean than paper cartridges.  

Terminator

X2!!!  I had the paper filters for the first 3 three weeks before I installed my Tri-X filters.  They are so easy to clean  :)
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 03:03:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42