What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bringing back dull finish  (Read 2357 times)

kellpup2112

• U win some, U lose some, but U party on 'em all!
Bringing back dull finish
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:21:55 am »
My Geneva is almost a year old and I've noticed that the shell (pearlescent champagne opal finish) is turning dull above the water line. I wipe it down daily, so it's not really dirty, just doesn't have the same luster as the rest of the shell. The top and below the water line look good. I've done 2 water changes. The first time I cleaned it with Windex and the 2nd time with Soft Scrub. Both cleaned but didn't really bring the shine back. The only other cleaner recommended by the manufacturer is baking soda. Haven't tried that yet. Question one: has anyone found what works best on this finish to bring back the luster? Question two: I've read on here that some people use Magic Eraser. I bought some, but the package doesn't say what chemicals they contain. I'm about a month and a half away from a water change. Are they safe to use with water in the tub, or should I wait until I drain it? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hot Tub Forum

Bringing back dull finish
« on: September 04, 2006, 11:21:55 am »

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
Re: Bringing back dull finish
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 12:28:17 pm »
kellpup2112,

Have you tried Fast Gloss made by Leisure Time?  Not sure if it will bring the shine back, but it might be worth a try.

Jr

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 01:09:17 pm »
Softscrub seems to dull the finish.

I use Meguiar's Mirror Gloss to buff out scratches and bring back dull finish areas.

There are various different products in this series. I was in a pinch a month ago and I used an automotive version on a pearl spa which had been scratched in delivery. With a little wet/dry 1200 grit to reduce the scratch, and then some Mirror Glaze applied with a bit of elbow grease, the scratch completely dissapeared. It really worked great, but I don't know if that's the exact product the factory had recommended.

This one says it is actually for acrylic:

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 01:50:43 pm »
Chas,

Where do you buy this from?

Jr

MarKee

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 02:49:45 pm »
Gel Gloss works well

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 02:49:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42