What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: InSPAration  (Read 2792 times)

anne

InSPAration
« on: August 06, 2006, 12:40:42 pm »
 I recently tried the InSPAration liquid scented stuff. It created a nice aroma with 2 capfuls in my 400 gal, but the water clouded up as soon as we turned on the jets. REALLY cloudy. About 5 min after the water is no longer agitated, it clears up. This has continued for the last couple of nights. I have no other water problems that I'm aware of, and I use chlorine, N2, ozone, shock with MPS and add Defender about 2-4x/month. I do have hard water compared to a lot of people.

I'm not too worried since I plan to drain and refill next week, but I'd like to know if this situation is avoidable in the future. (Obviously its avoidable by not using the stuff......but I'm looking for more creative answers.  ::)) Anyone?
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

InSPAration
« on: August 06, 2006, 12:40:42 pm »

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
Re: InSPAration
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 01:16:40 pm »
Which one did you use?

I sometimes throw in a bit of anti-foam when I add it.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 01:26:32 pm »
Which one did you use?

I sometimes throw in a bit of anti-foam when I add it.

OK, I was going to buy a bottle for my wife. She wanted to try Heavenly Honeysuckle. I think I'll pass for now. I hate to add anti-foam in my spa.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

The_Bends

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 01:45:18 pm »
Anne, do you own a legend, or legend extreme?
Arctic Spas Hydrotherapy Technician

anne

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 03:53:39 pm »
Giraffe- I used "Joy."  It is blue. Do dofferent scents act differently? I had not thought to add that detail. The water does not foam up at all- it is just cloudy.

Bends- I have a Legend Extreme 2005

I was just reading Karl's TDS thread, and Drewski mentioned that TDS will make the water cloudy when you turn the tub on. Could this little bit of scent stuff have caused my tub to hit some sort of TDS threashold? As I said, I'm close to changing the water. It has been a bit over 3 months.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 03:57:16 pm by anne »

The_Bends

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 05:07:32 pm »
Anne, you will be sooo happy.   ;D
          You have a legend extreme (nice tub by the way) so that means you have Therapy Air.  That is our version of a blower or bubbler system.    You have a cannister that says Aromascents.  There is a 'wick' that you will insert in the cannister.     We carry scented oils that you will soak the wick with, and now when you turn on the Therapy Air, you will have a wonderful Aromatherapy experience.  I personally really enjoy the scents (apple is my favorite).  The oils are inexpensive.  Best part is nothing  is introduced into the water. The scent comes through the air bubbles.

I will gladly send you some through the mail as well as the wick you will need.  ;)  

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 06:49:57 pm »
I have decided just to avoid all the scented stuff.  Buy some scented candles.  The air systems that you put scented beads in are highly ineffective.   Its against my nature now to put anything in my tub that I don't have to.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:51:38 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

The_Bends

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 06:56:49 pm »
That cannister that holds the wick was originally designed for a scented bead pack.  I think the best use I found for those is in between my air-conditioning filters (which only lasted a few hours)!  

The newer wick system works incredibly well.  Everyone comments that they love the way our store smells!  The cannister is a pretty universal size, so quite probably other spa owners with the cannister may be able to use this oils system.  

I only break out the candles when duty calls.....    :-*

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 07:09:16 pm »
That cannister that holds the wick was originally designed for a scented bead pack.  I think the best use I found for those is in between my air-conditioning filters (which only lasted a few hours)!  

The newer wick system works incredibly well.  Everyone comments that they love the way our store smells!  The cannister is a pretty universal size, so quite probably other spa owners with the cannister may be able to use this oils system.  

I only break out the candles when duty calls.....    :-*

Tell me more. You have a cannister which fits down in the same are and contains a scented oil?  Is this a third party product or an Arctic thing?  (No Arctic Dealers with 100 miles of me)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

anne

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 12:40:19 am »
Anne, you will be sooo happy.   ;D
          You have a legend extreme (nice tub by the way) so that means you have Therapy Air.  That is our version of a blower or bubbler system.    You have a cannister that says Aromascents.  There is a 'wick' that you will insert in the cannister.     We carry scented oils that you will soak the wick with, and now when you turn on the Therapy Air, you will have a wonderful Aromatherapy experience.  I personally really enjoy the scents (apple is my favorite).  The oils are inexpensive.  Best part is nothing  is introduced into the water. The scent comes through the air bubbles.

I will gladly send you some through the mail as well as the wick you will need.  ;)  

I knew that was a possibility but had not managed to get the needed parts..... I'll PM you! thanks!

The_Bends

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 02:21:50 pm »

Tell me more. You have a cannister which fits down in the same are and contains a scented oil?  Is this a third party product or an Arctic thing?  (No Arctic Dealers with 100 miles of me)

Sorry, too busy selling hot tubs, no time for forum.  8-)  

No our cannister is pretty universal. If you have a cannister that accepts the bead pack, it might look like this

the top cap says aroma scents.  

This is what our wick is made for, instead of the bead pack.  Do you have a cap on the topside of the spa to place a bead pack in?

anne

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 10:54:00 pm »
Thanks to "The Bends" I just recieved the wick and scent in the mail, so I'll be trying it out tonight, if time allows. I think it will simply have to allow- I have had a long week. :P

The_Bends

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 11:16:35 am »
I hope you enjoy the aromatherapy, glad you got everything!  Hope your enjoy your vacation as well.  

;D [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 11:16:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42