What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Maxxus cover and cover lifter  (Read 8518 times)

ctkathy

Sundance Maxxus cover and cover lifter
« on: August 19, 2006, 10:36:54 pm »
On the Maxxus are we talking about one cover or two?  I really want the least amount of cover showing as possible.

Cover lifters:  which one will allow the cover to have the least amount of cover show over the spa?

We looked at another spa today about the same size as the Maxuss and salesman told me the cover was split in two, necessitating two cover lifters.  If that is the case with these larger spas, then maybe we should look at a size that only has one cover lifter.  I don't want to look at the cover while I'm relaxing.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Maxxus cover and cover lifter
« on: August 19, 2006, 10:36:54 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Sundance Maxxus cover and cover lifter
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 01:34:58 pm »
I am almost positive the Maxxus uses one cover and one cover lifter.  I do believe there is (or was) as option for a three fold cover vs a two fold cover.  If I remember correctly, my dealer only liked the more traditional two fold.  I am sure Maxxus owners and dealers on this sight will chime in with more first hand information.

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 01:50:02 pm »
The Maxxus is now a 3 fold cover standard, with no option for the two fold from the factory. They changed it because of the placement of the stereo speakers, they're right in the middle where the fold would be. If you don't get the speakers, you can special order a bi-fold cover, but that's kinda a pain in the butt. There are cover lifters availiable, but they make the cover stick up. I think there's one style that doesn't, and I'm researching it for you and I'll get back to you when I have an answer.  :)

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 02:32:42 pm »
Ok, I called my old dealer in Cali, and asked them. I thought around the time the new Maxxus style came out, I remembered the Cover Caddy was able to take on the Maxxus cover, but it's not confirmed. If you'd like to find out for sure, you can go to www.covervalet.com and email them the question. Or maybe there's another SD dealer on here who can confirm? Sorry I couldn't help too much.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 02:42:45 pm »
There is a Cover Caddy for the Maxxus, but it has to be specified as it's slightly different from the regular one. HOWEVER, it just stands the cover up next to the spa and you'll STILL see it when open.

There's no lifter that lowers the cover below the rim of the spa. The mechanics required to do this would make for a VERY expensive cover lifter and the manufacturers I've talked to about this simply don't feel there's enough of a market to even break even on developmental costs.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 02:43:48 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

ctkathy

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 04:47:45 pm »
OK, we went back to the dealership today and they are checking for sure, but it looks like we can use the 2 fold cover attached on the long side of the spa with a cover lifter. I sure hope so, because I want the cover to be on the side where the house is and not affect the view.  

We went to look at Master Spa yesterday and their big spa needed two covers, thus two cover lifters so the view is spoiled on two sides.  That took care of that.  

DI dealer didn't have their large spa on the floor at all and had to be special ordered or drive 1 1/2 hours to the other store to look at it sometime after October 1.  That took care of that.  

We hope the cover situation on the Maxxus will be clarified to our advantage as this is the one we have narrowed it down to.  

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 07:27:22 pm »
2 cover lifters? Hmmm... that seems like it would look kinda funny. I have never heard of that before.. it must be a really big spa.  So, is you dealer going to order a special cover for you? Hopefully it all works out with your view at its best.  :D

ctkathy

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 09:54:56 pm »
Yeah--when I was told two cover lifters needed--one on each side--I said NO WAY!  It was a big spa; bigger than the Maxxus but not filled and no chance of a wet test.  That was another reason to nix it.

I hope we can set this up so we can get the best views. Our dealer is checking the options for us and I'll talk to them tomorrow.  Those darn covers just get in the way.  ;)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 08:08:51 am »
The solution to that would be to not get a cover lifter at all, and just take the cover off manually, and put it somewhere out of your view.  I'd guess that after a few times doing that, especially by yourself, you'd be changing your mind pretty quick.
Brewman

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 11:26:51 am »
Leisure Concepts makes a Covermate I that is designed for the Maxxus. Have a few out there all seem to be doing a good job.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 11:47:45 am »
There's another picture I'm trying to find, but for now.............. 2 covers with 2 cover lifters

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 01:55:13 pm »
The Covermate 1 Maxxus bracket is what we use now, and the Covermate 3 Maxxus is what we used at my old dealer. They both work great, and Leisure Concepts make a terrific product, as they keep looking good and working good years down the road. Both the lifters stick up however. That part is pretty much unavoidable. Hopefully your dealer will come back to you with some good news, and it all works out for your situation.

Garyjr

• Let's SunDance!!
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 10:34:34 pm »
ctkathy,

You definitely do not want to manually take the Maxxus cover on and off without a lift.  I needed to adjust mine this weekend, and it is extremely heavy.  You might see if lowering the mounting bracket closer to the bottom of the tub would be an option.  Not sure, but it might be worth asking about.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 10:34:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42