What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Di Nautilus vs HS Envoy- Cant decide  (Read 2813 times)

hlstavn

Di Nautilus vs HS Envoy- Cant decide
« on: August 18, 2006, 03:11:15 am »
I like the DI Nautilus because of the neck pillows and the variety of corner seats and I seem to sit deep with shoulder coverage. It also has lots of weak foot jets and a volcano in the center for lower legs. But the HS Envoy has the moto massage which is cool but only gets the mid back and seems to have some lack of upper neck jets but does have 3 sets of lower large foot jets. Comments please from any owners of any of these or similar models- do you like the moto massage? Do you like the D1.  Any subtle things you do not like. Or if you have a lotus bay chip in..( probably wont spring for that though)
I have tried the Californian and didnt like the lounger jets  blew me up basically,, and tried a larger HS. I am not sure the moto thing is worth replacing a couple corners. I am basically looking for good lower and upper back and shoulders, like calf jets somewhere. How about ease of programming or using diverter valves etc. Commenst please. Any trouble with the units?
Hollis

Hot Tub Forum

Di Nautilus vs HS Envoy- Cant decide
« on: August 18, 2006, 03:11:15 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Di Nautilus vs HS Envoy- Cant decide
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 04:11:45 am »
I like both those models, and both the manufacturers have good reputations. What are the dealers like, can they help you by showing you a different model that may fit better in either brand?
Retired

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 02:37:27 pm »
Try the Captain's Chair on the Envoy.  It's my favorite seat in any spa I've ever tried.  Great all-around massage (including the neck) as well as wrist, calf, and foot jets.

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 03:23:45 pm »
I have a HS Grandee, and the 2 foot jets are the strongest jets in the spa.  They get a lot of use, and my wife and I both love them.

-geekd

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 03:52:19 pm »
I own an Envoy and I like it pretty well.  It is well built and reliable and my dealer has provided outstanding after sale support.  The D1 is also an excellent choice from what I know.  Here is the thing.  No matter which one of these you buy you will quickly learn how to optimize it for your use.  You do this by moving around, side to side, up and down and so forth to hit the areas of your body that you want.  Any good spa will provide optimal hydro message if the user learns how to use the thing.  The other thing is that our bodies change and our needs for message change all the time.  At times the Motomessage hits the spot for me, but other times I like the two corner seats better.  For my shoulders and neck, the Moto thing is not so great, just as you describe, but the middle seat between the two corners really gets the job done for me if I just squinch down to where my head is barely above water level.  Wow, I am ready to hit the tub just thinking about it.  The foot jets on the Envoy are strong, the calf jets are useless for me.  If I need to hit the calves, I sit in the well and turn to get them in front of the foot jets.  Again, you need to experiment.  

Were I you, I would choose between these two on the basis of the dealer.  Which one do you feel more comfortable with?  Which one is closer to your home?  Ask to speak to the service guy.  How long have they been in business?  Ask for a few happy customer references.  Find out if there have been any complaints about them with the BBB, the chamber of commerce, or state attorney.

Let us know, how it goes.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 03:52:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42