What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: buying factory fixed  (Read 2167 times)

dead men walking

buying factory fixed
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:50:59 pm »
I can buy maxx hot tub for 1/2 price. They are factory fixed all have a crack in the fiberglass and have been fixed at the manufactures. They are 2004 and 2005 models and have never been used. They come with one year warranty on everything. What do you think about the deal.

Hot Tub Forum

buying factory fixed
« on: August 11, 2006, 10:50:59 pm »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: buying factory fixed
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 11:02:44 pm »
hypothetical question:
what do you do when the fiberglass "patch" gives way in 16 months? I'd imagine half price is just a way to get them gone ASAFP.....personally, I'd rather pay more and get the full warranty on a product than go for a perceived deal-of-the-century and pray that it holds up.....but that's just me.
Best of luck
RIP C-Rod

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 12:41:20 am »
I guess it all depends if it's a structural or cosmetic issue. How big is the crack? At half off it sounds like a major repair.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

xrdirthead

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 08:19:20 am »
I think in life you get what you pay for.....

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 10:02:44 am »
I would question anything that was repaired by the manufacturer and only carries a 1 year warranty.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 01:19:31 pm »
At the Hot Spring factory any tub that leaks or gets cracked is either thrown away or recycled.

SpaGirlAZ

• 2004 Sundance Marin
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 07:30:21 pm »
Absolutely do not buy it! If it cracked without even being used, imagine you and 4000 pounds of water in it all the time and think of what it'll do then. Maxx spas... geeeze.. I am amazed they would sell that. Good luck with your search, but I would try to figure out what your budget is and do research and buy the best spa you can for your budget.
-SpaGirl

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 08:15:18 pm »
The Coleman factory in Chandler has always offered blems, a horrible idea I think.
-SpaMan~

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 11:07:21 am »
The Coleman factory in Chandler has always offered blems, a horrible idea I think.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it as long as they are COMPLETELY up front with the customers and don't try to pass them on as regular spas. Many customers love the idea of getting dicounts on blems or seconds and specifically askif any are available. The only issue I see is if someone gets greedy and thinks they can pass it off as a first and give the discount only if the customer complains.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 11:21:47 am »

I woundn't mind a blemish...as in a cosmetic flaw. I would absoltely consider it.  But a shell failure is another issue.  I don't know much about repairing fiberglass, or ABS, but it would be a significant concern, espcially if the manufacter is only offering 1 year warrenty, as opposed to new, that is 7 years.

IF the factory repair was say a pump switch out, sure. I'd take that deal. But the shell is like a house's foundation.
07 Caldera Geneva

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 12:55:40 pm »
At the Hot Spring factory any tub that leaks or gets cracked is either thrown away or recycled.

Somebody has been telling you stories, the cracked ones will depend on the crack but leaks will be fixed.

Hot Springs does have quite the bone yard out back if you have ever seen it it would make you think twice about a Hot Springs (they have got much better though).

I guess now they they are made in Mexico they can dump the bad ones in the desert. ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

The_real_Clown_Shoes

• Hot Spring Salesman since '05.
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 01:16:52 pm »

Somebody has been telling you stories, the cracked ones will depend on the crack but leaks will be fixed.

Hot Springs does have quite the bone yard out back if you have ever seen it it would make you think twice about a Hot Springs (they have got much better though).

I guess now they they are made in Mexico they can dump the bad ones in the desert. ;D

It is quite the boneyard, but I feel better in knowing that they're proactive about not putting a spa they know to be a lemon out into the market.

And the Mexico joke NEVER gets old.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 12:19:29 am »
I thought only the Caldera shells were made in Mexico?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 12:19:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42