What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Anyone on the East Coast Using Their Tubs?  (Read 7285 times)

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: Anyone on the East Coast Using Their Tubs?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 09:40:41 am »
Having dropped my temp to 95 and propping the cover, my tub can be anywhere from 97 to 100 at the end of the day when I get home from work.  Normally, the first thing I do is open the cover.  After an hour or so, temps usually drop to 95-97...perfect for me.  I've been tubbing every evening here in Florida.  And from the sound of everyone else's experiences, our 95 degrees with 90% humidity isn't so bad after all..... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 09:40:41 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 12:11:50 pm »
my first thought was "do any of the 100+ degree tubs have the cover propped open?"
We've been lucky in southern Wisconsin...we had 3 days over 95, and now we're back "on track" in the high 80's, with a cold front coming our way.
RIP C-Rod

cappykat

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 05:27:21 pm »
Let's see...here in Orlando, Fl it's been in the 90's for months.  No, I haven't been in the tub!  Can't even breathe when I walk outside.  Can't wait 'til October when maybe it will be in the 80's...that's a cold front for us...LOL! :o ;D
2005 Marquis Epic

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 06:19:54 pm »
So what to you do to your water cappykay when you have not soaked for a few days?

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 10:00:23 pm »
Last Wednesday we gave up...shocked the pool, locked the tub, packed up the kids, dog and parrot and headed for the beach...
The temperature in Ocean City Maryland was 100 but with a sea breeze and ocean temps in the 70's...it was a refreshing break.
I'm looking forward to soaking in the first snow storm! ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

cappykat

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 08:18:19 am »
I don't do anything different to my water.  I changed to economy mode about 2 months ago and I haven't had any problems with the water.  It's a clear as ever.  I continue to monitor the pH and alk and adjust as necessary and add shock.  I'm due for a water change but I'll probably wait until it cools off a bit.
2005 Marquis Epic

hotelier

• Artesian Onyx Owner
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 04:42:17 pm »
I keep the cover propped open and manage to keep the temp down to 95-98 degrees.  

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 09:28:38 pm »
right there with you drewski....
I am also here in sunny(really sunny) va beach. I put the top of my gazebo back on, and when i get home in the evening, i prop the cover open. the dog kept stealing the tennis ball, so i just use my small bottle of ph up. hold the cover up about 8 inches. with out it the tub gets to 103-104. heater is set for 97, but i dont think it has come on for several weeks now.
i think that keeping the tub out of direct sunlight is helping. i still use the tub almost daily, but i agree, 104+ is to much.....especially in the summertime....

green1320

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 07:10:36 pm »
Just want to get my tub and then I'll let you know if I'm using it. It is d :Due to be deleivered on Fri 08-11-06. Can't Wait!!!!!
2006 Tiger River Caspian

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2006, 11:02:29 pm »
Everyone in the East should have been tubbing tonight. The temperature and humidity were at very comfortable levels and the moon was fantastic.  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2006, 10:03:42 am »
Here in South Florida we are wondering what all the fuss is about.  Temperatures are normal for us and of course we use our tubs.  The night before last I left the spa uncovered overnight, which drops the water temp into the low 90s.  Nice.  But then we had a cool air mass hit us at dusk last night and our air temps dropped to about 80, which for this time of year is quite low down here.  My wife was uncomfortable in the spa until I put the water heater on and warmed up the tub again.  

She is going to have a problem when she goes back up to Massachusetts tomorrow.  And then on Saturday she is going up to Northern NH for her high school class reunion and the temps up there have been dropping into the 50s at night there.  I shiver to think about it.  

I like it best between 85 and 90 with high humidity.

Bill
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 10:06:36 am by Bill_Stevenson »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2006, 10:10:04 am »
Wonderfully cool in Eastern MA last night, somewhere in the 60s.  Temps in the 80s, clear and dry today...perfect late summer weather and great for evening tubbing.

uncommonlytasty

• I love my cheep spa
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 10:34:13 am »
Did anyone in S.E. Mass or RI happen to see a bright light in the sky a few nights ago?  I was soaking the other night and noticed something create a bright streak and a couple bright flashes in the sky.  I forgot about it until last night when I came across an online video of the same thing taken by a police car dashboard camera.  Weird!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2006, 10:34:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42