What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm lost  (Read 3726 times)

38super

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I'm lost
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:31:20 pm »
 Hi All
To start this is a great forum and am learning a whole lot about hot tubs . As of today I have been up and down on which hot tub to get. I have looked at Jacuzzi
D1 , Tiger River and HS. The D1 dealer would not let me test tub I was looking at soooo out the door I went. Looked at Jacuzzi J-356 wet test not too bad ...but not a sell. Third was a HS Accolade...not wet tested but planing to , kind of leaning to that one . Forth was the Tiger River Caspain ...not bad but did not like the bench seat and cheap look to it. (Plastic gray fittings ).I had said in another thread I liked the powerful jets on my old sundance capri. (NO dealer within 140 miles) I got a response saying I would not like the power of a HS and said to look to Caldera for more power in the jets. I do like a powerful jet but was lead to believe that Caldera was not in same class as the HS. The dealer I have Sells HS, Tiger and Caldera
Any input wold be GREAT

Hot Tub Forum

I'm lost
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:31:20 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: I'm lost
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 11:54:14 pm »
Caldera is very much in the same class as HS.

They DO have stronger jets than HS, and you can shut off some of the jets which makes the remaining ones even more punishing.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 11:54:56 pm »
With no intention of disrespect to Caldera fans....FOR ME PERSONALY.... after laying down a deposit and than wet testing a Caldera I found the jets to be high pressure but not powerful...The power was from the small size of the jets and not anything more in my opinion ...Had I liked the spa I would have never become a dealer....That said I think they are very much on par ( warranty, build quality, fit and finish) with any you have mentioned ......
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 11:59:52 pm by Mendocino101 »

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 11:22:00 am »
You are exactly in the same thought pattern as I was 1.5 month ago. I went with HS for all the same reasons.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 12:36:45 pm »
You are exactly in the same thought pattern as I was 1.5 month ago. I went with HS for all the same reasons.
who are you referring to.... :)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 01:19:59 pm »
With no intention of disrespect to Caldera fans....FOR ME PERSONALY.... after laying down a deposit and than wet testing a Caldera I found the jets to be high pressure but not powerful...The power was from the small size of the jets and not anything more in my opinion ...Had I liked the spa I would have never become a dealer....That said I think they are very much on par ( warranty, build quality, fit and finish) with any you have mentioned ......

Very interesting. How would you describe the jet pressure for Marquis? Is it more flow rather than high pressure?
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 02:42:51 pm »

Very interesting. How would you describe the jet pressure for Marquis? Is it more flow rather than high pressure?
Yes Marquis believes in a High Volume of water flow to create a jet that can be sat in front of for an extended period of time without becoming itchy .....that is why they use the tri zone to isolate body groups and work them one at a time ...You can focus 160 gpm of water to one part and creates a very strong but comfortable massage ....I do not want to get this thread off track nor I am trying to point someone to a Marquis ...my answer was to the original question and than to you Gomboman...So please no one get upset here....Calderas are great if they work for you..... ;D

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 03:08:00 pm »
Yes, it's all good. OK, back to the original topic.

38super, I would let the wet test be your guide since everyone has different preferences. Do you have a Marquis dealer in your area? I would put Marquis on your list with HS and Caldera. Good luck with your search.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 03:08:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42