What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Bahia - it might be the one-pls help  (Read 4070 times)

marianb

Sundance Bahia - it might be the one-pls help
« on: July 20, 2006, 06:18:58 pm »
Hey everyone,
 I know I have come onto this forum kind of quickly.  But I am a teacher and have only summers to have time to research and learn about things for my hubby and me rather than  for school stuff. So pls bear with me when I seem to be sending lots of mail and asking lots of questions.  I need all kinds of info now because everything must happen quickly.

I began by liking the Sundance Burlington. (price) But I like a foot pedestal like in the Optima.  I saw the Bahia but was on Sundance overload that day and paid no attention to it.

I have a price of $7600 which includes cover, lifter, steps - all the basics.
I will go back to the dealer this weekend.  Is this price (northern Va.) ok?  Suggestions?

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Bahia - it might be the one-pls help
« on: July 20, 2006, 06:18:58 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: Sundance Bahia - it might be the one-pls help
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 06:25:49 pm »
Don't apologize for asking questions here, this is what the forum is for. That being said, Sorry I still can't answer your question but I'm really glad you're narrowing it down.

From the sounds of it the Sundance salesperson you're dealing with is willing to go the extra distance to make sure you feel good about you're choice.

Good luck and keep us posted....

ucd9699

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 08:15:16 pm »
I am in California and I understand there are price difference by region.  I am too looking at the Bahia.  Based on my research, I think the Bahia should sell for around $6,000.  I haven't seen anyone post that they paid more than $6500.

marianb

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 04:29:09 am »
  If no one has paid more than $6500 this year, then I have an $1100 difference.  Maybe being close to Washington changes the price that much, but doesn't it seem like a lot?
 This tub would come with the cover, lifter, stairs, and lcd lights if that changes anything.
   My husband says I shd just get what I like. But I am a comparison shopper - shades of my NYC upbringing, I guess - and want to know that what I get is a good deal.
 Thanks for everyone's help on this.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 09:06:54 am »
I am in California and I understand there are price difference by region.  I am too looking at the Bahia.  Based on my research, I think the Bahia should sell for around $6,000.  I haven't seen anyone post that they paid more than $6500.

ucd 9699

I saw your post in the other thread, where you said you were quoted $6500 for the Bahia complete with O3, steps, lifter and cover.  To me that seemed like a very good price.
Was it in this froum that you got your numbers? Jsut curious, because I was more under the impression the "Avg" price was more like $7K.  

? just curious.
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:53:36 am »
$6000 is VERY low for a Bahia. They should be in the $6800 to $7000 range. $6995 here at my store.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 01:16:19 pm »
Are you going to wet test any of them?  You have narrowed it down to a few choices, in this case at the same store.  Many people will tell you that their favorite before a wet test wasn't #1 afterward.

[glb]I just read another of your post and see you are wet testing this weekend. Let us know what you think then.[/glb]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 01:18:53 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

marianb

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 01:32:46 pm »
I have been so glad to get so many estimates on the Bahia.  I was quoted 7600, and got two more other verbal estimates from dealers of 7200.  And then many internet ones of $7000.

I will try very hard to be diplomatic and get the price down from 7600.  The store is closer and servicing wld be easier.

I'm not sure what I could say that would matter. I am concerned that I say the right thing -  because I am hoping for a $400-500 drop.

NickA

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 01:45:36 pm »
I paid about 5600.00 before tax in Nov. 2003.
Nick

ucd9699

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 01:50:05 pm »
I have looked on poolandspa, poolspaforum and one other hottub forum that I can't recall.  I searched "Bahia" and several posts were return stating they paid between 5600 to 6500.  You know it is so hard to tell what a fair price is.  Besides at the sundance dealership, the inital quote for the other spas were outrageous.   Then the price started to tumble.  A state fair special or other special and the price dropped a $1000 or more.  Then I asked is that the best and the price falls a few more hundred comes off.  From my research, I think a fair price for the Bahia would be 6,000.  The Caspian would be a little higher, but my HS dealer said they would match Sundance.  And the Moorea, the lowest I have seen posted, was 6900.  

tmknies1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 02:15:43 pm »
Especially when dealing with internet sites make sure the price includes shipping and delivery. Many don't include shipping costs or if they do they just include curbside dropoff. When I started looking at tubs I also looked a lot at the internet providers as I was lured by price. For me, using a local dealer was better in the end.

A very personal choice just make sure you do a complete comparison when looking at the different prices.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:16:57 pm by tmknies1 »

ucd9699

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 02:45:36 pm »
I just did a quick search for "Bahia" on one of the other forums and here are the results of several posts of what different people paid.  I only went back to Dec 2005.  5995, 6995, 6995, 6500, 6000, 6500, 5600, 6500, 5600.  I tried a similar search on this forum, but only ran into my own thread(s).  So based on these numbers, I think you could get a Bahia for 6,000.  Now not all posters stated they got ozone, steps, etc..., but several did.  I came to this forum, becuase someone from the other forum mention that this forum was more active.  So I thought I would take those numbers and see what this group thought.  Please share your thoughts.  I just want to know I am paying a fair price.

hymbaw

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 02:49:03 pm »
 I searched "Bahia" and several posts were return stating they paid between 5600 to 6500. 

You might want to check the dates on those. Costs have gone up quite a bit in the last few years. $6000 is not a reasonable price to expect. $6800 to $7000 is where the Bahia should be(as I stated before)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 02:50:06 pm by hymbaw »
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hymbaw

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 02:52:28 pm »
 The Caspian would be a little higher, but my HS dealer said they would match Sundance.  

Why would a Caspian be higher? Because it's smaller than a Bahia?

JeffB

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 03:36:13 pm »
I think you have to be very careful about taking what people say they paid and comparing it to a price you get for a particular tub. Obviously, the model year and date of purchase may be very different, as well as the exact configuration of the deal, ie, what is included?-lift, ozone, ss jet covers, chemicals, delivery, pump and/or jet options, etc? Also, people often do not state whether their pice did or did not include sales tax. This can make a significant diffference depending on the base price and the tax rate.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 03:36:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42