What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Swirl Away Foam City  (Read 2678 times)

BearBath

• Ya snooze Ya Lose
Swirl Away Foam City
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:30:19 am »
I'm going through the procedure Vinny reccomended for refilling a tub that has been unused/drained for months. I filled it, put a cup of dichlor in, let it run for 2 hours and let it sit for 12 hours.
I'm getting ready to drain it again, and got a bottle of Swirl Away. It said to take the filter cartridges out... and I did. It said add 250 ml and run pump for 1 hour with no air. I added the swirl away and started up the pumps with the air controls turned off and got just a huge amount of foam. If I let this run for 1 hour, I will have foam trying to take over the backyard. What did I do wrong?
BearBath
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:31:54 am by BearBath »

Hot Tub Forum

Swirl Away Foam City
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:30:19 am »

rick_in_cleveland

Re: Swirl Away Foam City
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 07:57:35 am »
You did nothing wrong.  The foam is normal with swirl away.  If you really want to see foam turn on your air....WOW!.  Don't forget to cycle all of the diverters so the swirl away gets to all the pipes

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 08:13:24 am »
Yup- the times I've used the stuff I got a nice column of foam, maybe 2' tall.  
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 09:03:36 am »
Yup- the times I've used the stuff I got a nice column of foam, maybe 2' tall.  

I should have taken a picture of my 6' wall of foam.  I turned the air off, but left the waterfalls and neck jets on high, and that really foamed.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 12:01:36 pm »
I'm going through the procedure Vinny reccomended for refilling a tub that has been unused/drained for months. I filled it, put a cup of dichlor in, let it run for 2 hours and let it sit for 12 hours.
I'm getting ready to drain it again, and got a bottle of Swirl Away. It said to take the filter cartridges out... and I did. It said add 250 ml and run pump for 1 hour with no air. I added the swirl away and started up the pumps with the air controls turned off and got just a huge amount of foam. If I let this run for 1 hour, I will have foam trying to take over the backyard. What did I do wrong?
BearBath

My tub didn't foam the way others have said that theirs had. I used 1/2 a bottle and ran the pumps for a total of an hour.

At least the tub is clean!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 12:01:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42