What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Odd statistic....  (Read 2782 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Odd statistic....
« on: July 07, 2006, 03:22:17 pm »
I'm guessing 99.5% of my customers do NOT wet test, and even more strangely, 100 percent of them are satisfied customers! Go figure. Sell 'em while they standing in front of you!
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

Odd statistic....
« on: July 07, 2006, 03:22:17 pm »

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
Re: Odd statistic....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 03:44:15 pm »
I confess - I did not wet test BUT I have owned a spa before and have used many of them.  I could tell by sitting in them dry if they were too short, too tall or I just didn't fit at all.  If I had never had one before, I would insist on wet testing.

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 03:53:09 pm »
I could not get the wife to wet test, but the kids and I did.  Can not honestly say that is mattered.  The 3 spas we narrowed it down to all tested great.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 03:54:18 pm »
I also didn't wet test. But it would be interesting to compare how many people coming in the door buy a tub, and then the percentage who buy a tub after wet testing.  Ok, maybe not that interesting.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 04:43:16 pm »
The one I thought I wanted I wet tested and didn't buy. went to another store where they don't wet test and bought with just sitting in it. Hindsight being 20/20 if the first dealer didn't have me wet test I probably would have bought the first one and been very happy as I wouldn't have known the difference. Don't you think that people buy without wet testing and won't understand there is or could be something else out there that better fits their needs? After buying, don't most people just enjoy tubbing? Why spend your life second guessing buying decisions already made. Life is to short to mull over regrets or bad moves we have all made. forget about them and go soak your worrys away!

cappy2449

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 08:52:31 am »
those stats are because the dealers don't offer the customers the opportunity to wet test here in new york...most don't have them filled with water....

GoBlue

• D-1 Diplomat
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 10:57:17 am »
We would not have thought to wet test if it were not for this forum.  We changed our mind after wet testing and bought a spa from a different manufacturer.
If I could just chew through these restraints...

Stemay

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 11:58:54 am »
If I had bought a tub based on the sales info, I would have been sorely disappointed.  After wet testing at the first place and sitting in nearly every tub they had, we looked at each other and decided if that's all that was out there, we didn't want to sink our $$ into a tub.  We had only ever been in commercial hot tubs....not the portable kind for backyard use.  

After coming to this forum and getting advice on some different brands and then doing a wet test, we fell in love.  

I'm guessing that most people who buy without wet testing, just don't know what or if they are missing anything and are thrilled to be tubbing.  Good for them!  You're right.....no sense second guessing AFTER the purchase has been made....just enjoy!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 11:58:54 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42