What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jetsetter Electrical Knockout  (Read 1727 times)

Spiderman

Jetsetter Electrical Knockout
« on: July 03, 2006, 07:08:32 pm »
After looking at the install sheet for the sub panel, it shows an electrical knockout/cutout at the base of the spa.  I'm going to run the flexible conduit under the deck and up through the decking to the spa.  My question is this:  is the connection to the spa made on the face of the tub, or on the bottom?  I'm guessing it's on the front, but then you will see the conduit, right?  I don't want 100' of conduit showing near the spa.  what's the best way to hook up the conduit?
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

Hot Tub Forum

Jetsetter Electrical Knockout
« on: July 03, 2006, 07:08:32 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Jetsetter Electrical Knockout
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 07:27:01 pm »
Go wireless.

Kidding...

What type of deck - wood?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Spiderman

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 08:38:53 pm »

What type of deck - wood?

Yes, AC2 pine decking.
People suffer one of two pains in life:  the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret

watzup

• sipping suds
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2006, 09:17:47 pm »
Don't know about the Jetsetter specifically, however, I ran mine on the side, (factory plugs) which are about 6" above the deck.  All you see there is a right angle pull box and the conduit goes thru the floor.  If you run it up thru the bottom, your tub is 'locked in" to one specific location.  You cannot move tub unless you lift it off of the conduit head.  It also breaches the bottom pan. If you have a water leak, most likely it will leak down the conduit.  Can't speak for all bottom pans, but mine is about 5" tall, or 1" below my power feed.  

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:45:19 pm »

Yes, AC2 pine decking.

Then it's a snap. Position the spa where you like it, and drill down through the decking. If it's too low to crawl underneath, pull up one board and fee the conduit to your power source.

The notch in the black wood at the bottom of the front of your Jetsetter is there just for that. You don't have to use it, the power can come out anywhere along the access door if it makes it easier.

I use 1/2" non-metalic raintite conduit. "Carlon" is the brand name we have around here - works great.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2006, 10:45:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42