What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee Delivery Tomorrow - Start up question  (Read 5284 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Grandee Delivery Tomorrow - Start up question
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 03:29:29 pm »
The N2 cartridges for HotSpring have a shoulder which allows them to be dropped into the filter holder and stay put. The yellow ones do not have this, so they drop deep into the filter pipe and can block the flow. You have can put the extension rods on them and turn them upside down, but then you have to fish them out four months later.

The stuff inside is the same, and Roberts Hot Tub is a great place to buy stuff.

I haven't looked at a Grandee, but is it less effective to just lay them in a filter compartment?  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 03:29:29 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 03:50:09 pm »
I don't think it would work as well. The cartridge works by having water wash over it - there is some circulation in the filter compartment of a Grandee, but not as much as in the core of the filter.

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vanguard

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 01:13:02 am »
The cartridge definitely needs the water flow over it.  It will not work as well if out of the stand pipe.

I would use the ones you have and then start buying them from your local dealer.  You are saving $15/yr and not going to have a product that fits properly.

Plus, I always say, support your local dealer.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 01:54:41 am »
Yes, I would suggest supporting your local dealer next time. This way you will get the HotSpring version which will fit correctly into your filter. For a couple of bucks more I wouldn't hassle with the other style. Just my two cents.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 06:36:54 pm »
Okay, in the mean time, MAYBE you could rig something through the filter slots on the stand pipe to keep the N2 cartridge from accidentally slipping too low? Or...instead of having to 'fish' it out in 4 months, can some thick fishing line or a zip tie be run through a couple of the vent slots in the cartridge to form a loop for easy removal? I switched over to bromine a couple months ago, I don't recall the exact setup, sorry. :(

Best of luck, you'll LOVE your Grandee!
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2006, 06:36:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42