What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question for a Sundance Dealer?  (Read 3002 times)

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
Question for a Sundance Dealer?
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:35:46 am »
We ordered a Majesta Sundance Spa on April 29th.  They didn't have the one we wanted in stock.  They did have one that was on order for their showroom that had the shell color we wanted.  It did not have the cabinet color we wanted but that was not a big deal for us.  We were told it would be ~ 3 weeks for that one or ~ 6 weeks if we ordered exactly the one we wanted so we compromised on the cabinet and got the 3 week one.  It was supposed to be in their warehouse May 20th.  I called them on May 23rd and they said that Sundance was behind and it would definitely be in on the 28th.  That was yesterday and still no phone call.  
I put a $500 deposit on it and plan to pay cash.

What should I think about this?  Is this normal for this time of year?
'06 Majesta

Hot Tub Forum

Question for a Sundance Dealer?
« on: May 29, 2006, 11:35:46 am »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Question for a Sundance Dealer?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2006, 11:48:47 am »
It is always difficult for the dealer to promise when a spa will arrive.  After the order is placed, it is out of their hands, they have no control.  The promise of arrival, I'm sure, was based upon history.  

Sometimes, the trucking firm can even hold up delivery, especially during holidays.

Just be patient and ask the sales person to stay in touch.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 11:59:22 am »
Historically it has been normal for Sundance to take 6 weeks or more to fulfill orders.

There could be other factors that are dealer driven.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 12:57:01 pm »
If they don't call you when they promise, call them, and politely remind them that they didn't return your call like they said they would.  It may well be that the spa is there or enroute.
Or, like others have said, the factory or shipping company may be running behind.  
Brewman

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 06:43:41 am »
   I wouldn't let things slip but as mentioned, a polite reminder to them wouldn't hurt. I was fortunate that they had the exact spa that I wanted in the warehouse so I have no experience with delivery times from the factory.  I can however tell you that you're going to love that Majesta.   paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 08:42:24 am »
As was previously stated, once order it is basically out of the dealers hands. Personnally as a minimum your dealer should call you to give you an update, you shouldn't have to call him.

Presuming it was shipped by truck, it is possible the truck had a mechanical failure or worse got into a wreck.

Not to discourage you but some things nobody can control

r100rs

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 09:43:41 am »
I can apprecaite your frustration. You agreed to compromise on the cabinet color for a trade off on an earlier delivery.  Now, if you wait 6 weeks,  it seems you should have jsut ordered the exact trim package you wanted.    :P

As others have said, I'd politely raise your concern with the dealer, and see where it goes.  I would hope a quality dealer would get back to you and be able to give you some solid answers on what the status of the tub is and when it will arive, and why it was late.  (granted that wont change anything, and the reasons why may be completley out of his control, but getting some real answers and ackowelgment can stave off a souring deal.).      

Honesty? (and some dealers here might squawk), if it got out to the 6+ weeks I'd firmly let the dealer know that it's unacceptable.

Keep us updated, and I hope you'll have your tub soon.
07 Caldera Geneva

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 12:41:18 pm »
It's In!!!

Thanks everyone for your replies.  They called yesterday and said it would be delivered Thursday.  The electrician is coming Friday morning.

Can't wait!!!!
'06 Majesta

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 12:41:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42