What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finding Salespeople?  (Read 3841 times)

sandiego

• Caldera Spa Dealer for 30 years
Finding Salespeople?
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:01:10 pm »
Hey Everyone-
I am in heavy recruitment mode. I'm getting ready to open our 4th location in San Diego and I am looking for people for all of my store locations.

So I wanted to ask fellow spa dealers if they had any tips on finding good people? Or if they knew anyone who might be looking to move to sunny san diego. We have a great program send everyone to Watkins traning and I get Greg Welsh to do sales traning with my staff on a periodic basis. I'm thinking of doing a job fair has anyone done anything like this before?

Also to fellow spa owners if you happen to know anyone who might want to sell hot tubs in San Diego please let me know or have them get in contact with me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I know it's a long shot but figured I would try and see what came out of it. Thanks for your help
Troy

Hot Tub Forum

Finding Salespeople?
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:01:10 pm »

Brookenstein

Re: Finding Salespeople?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 07:08:44 pm »
How much do you pay and how far south in San Diego are you?  I'd have a bit of a commute, but I'd love to be a spa salesperson.   :)  

Granted, J might think my recent schooling was a waste of $500, lol.

sandiego

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 07:12:47 pm »
I have stores in San Marcos (north), Miramar (central), El Cajon (East) and the new one in Eastlake (South)

I will PM you about pay.....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 07:35:02 pm »
Paid relocation from Ohio?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 07:56:21 pm »
Paid relocation from Ohio?

For the right person, to northern Cal..to sell Hot Spring.

;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 08:03:22 pm »

;)

You had me interested until you said Hot Spring ... I would have loved to commute from NJ! ;D

Micah

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 08:27:46 pm »
I know a road guy who lives in either O.B. or P.B. not sure.  He has done 20 shows for me over the last 3 years. Never any problems with his deals and he can keep his margins.  I would hire him in a second, but he won't leave S.D.  Private mesage me if you want his number
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 08:28:41 pm by Micah »
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 10:01:19 pm »
I have stores in San Marcos (north), Miramar (central), El Cajon (East) and the new one in Eastlake (South)

I will PM you about pay.....

I've found it's easy to recruit spa salespeople but hard to keep them. ??? ???

We tend to think it's the best job in the world and thats what most people on the outside looking in think.

Lets face it, it can be hard for a newbie. There's so much involved in this type of sale, and every spa manufacturer has a different story to tell. New salespeople can get intimidated with the amount of information the average consumer knows about spas. The business is based on competition and yet has very little goverment standards to regulate most aspects of it.

I believe spa salespeople are a very unique and strange group of people. Or so I'm told! ::) ::)

Good luck, I hope you find the right person for your business!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 01:36:55 am »
OK, I'm in too. I'll carpool with Brookenstein.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

sandiego

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 02:02:40 am »

;)

who wants to work in northern cali when you can live in san diego? get your own thread dan  ;D

sandiego

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:07:25 am »

I've found it's easy to recruit spa salespeople but hard to keep them. ??? ???

We tend to think it's the best job in the world and thats what most people on the outside looking in think.

Lets face it, it can be hard for a newbie. There's so much involved in this type of sale, and every spa manufacturer has a different story to tell. New salespeople can get intimidated with the amount of information the average consumer knows about spas. The business is based on competition and yet has very little goverment standards to regulate most aspects of it.

I believe spa salespeople are a very unique and strange group of people. Or so I'm told! ::) ::)

Good luck, I hope you find the right person for your business!

I've actually had better success with newbies than with "old dog" salespeople. most new people can be trained the right way to sell a tub, and lets face it the majority of "old dog" salespeople in our industry are lazy and aren't professional ( i say the majority, because there are a lot more bad dealers and salespeople than there are good)

so I don't mind newbies, we have a very strong name and reputation in San Diego, I just need someone who is outgoing, professional, has a good attitude and will work the relationships with cusotmers and the referral base. I always tell my staff that I provide the house for them to build their personal business in. but unfortunately, most people are happy being average and making a decent amount of money doing the least amout of work possible. I want people who strive for the best to get the best out of themselves. give me a person who's hungry and I can teach them how to sell a spa.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 02:08:36 am by sandiego »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 10:26:42 am »
I also am in need of sales staff. We are going nuts right now: I should have four of them in training for the summer rush.

Anyone who doesn't want to head all the way to San Diego, but wants the same fantastic weather, right on the ocean with a slightly lower cost of living - I said SLIGHTLY - pm me.

As to the first question of how to hire: use Scotty's approach.

:)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 01:06:51 pm »
As to the first question of how to hire: use Scotty's approach.

:)

Beam them up? ???

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 03:05:27 pm »

Beam them up? ???

Terminator

It's worked for you so far...

;) ;D ;D
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 03:05:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42