What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No Float Belt  (Read 16903 times)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: No Float Belt
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 07:53:11 pm »
It is also true that Stuart floats in bare skin unless he has shaved his back recently.

;)

OK, the first part is true.

So he still floats after he shaves his back?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 07:54:13 pm by lets »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 07:53:11 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 09:15:20 pm »
I got a good laugh tonight thanks Chas.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Cabana Boy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2006, 08:57:57 pm »
Thanks for the help everyone.  We ended up buying the Grandee instead so the no float belt isn't needed.  On the second test of the Vista I found the lounger wasn't as comfortable as the first time I tried it.  The second test of the Grandee confirmed that was the one to go with.  So after wet testing 7 different spas between Sundance and Hot Spring (with 3 Hot Spring models tested twice each) I'm done and my spa is sitting in a warehouse to be delivered after my concrete pad is poured and set.

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 09:47:34 pm »
We bought a belt from Doc that was about 4" x 24" and filled with old lead bars.  (The lead was thoroughly discussed in a previous thread.)

We liked it so much my wife sewed another one that is 8" x 24".  They work great and are not uncomfortable.  We drape ours over our thighs, not our waists.

We float whether we have suits on or not... but I noticed that baked beans, cabbage and boiled eggs tend to increase the "float" as well as the bubble action.  ;D
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2006, 09:47:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42