What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Strong Spa portable  (Read 3593 times)

Craiger

Strong Spa portable
« on: May 06, 2006, 01:49:53 pm »
New to the Hottub scene! Am looking for something portable as well as convertible 110 to 220 and Strong Spa brand seems to have it! Limited budget here and looking to spend anywhere from 2k to 3.5k  Their web site is  http://www.my-hot-tub-and-spa.com
 Seriously considering the Cypress Gold edition, looks to fit 3-4 people and has lounger and is convertible to 220 for a 4.5 kw heater.  

Appreciate any feedback on this brand anyone might have~
Keep on Tubbin' !

Hot Tub Forum

Strong Spa portable
« on: May 06, 2006, 01:49:53 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Strong Spa portable
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 01:56:26 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Have you ever considered the SeaMonkey Spas?  They appear to be an even better value than the one you're currently looking at.

Good luck with your shopping and maybe some owners will chime in with their experiences and advice. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 02:13:17 pm »
Craiger,

When somebody puts a smiley face which is winking at the end of a post, it generally means they are havin' fun with you.

In case you haven't been lurking, the post above is meant as a humorous way to welcome you to the board.

I haven't heard of the brand you asked about, but I'll Google it and get back to ya.

And Welcome.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Craiger

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2006, 02:34:44 pm »
 ;D ;D LOL My dog would pop that thing in a minute! Heh, yeaah. been lurking and googling portable tubs for a week or so, spadepot etc. spa in a box,spa2go etc. My wifey thinks I should go cheap and get an air bubbler like those but I want something with a lounger, true water/hydro type jets and something that will stay above 102 degrees in the winter! the Ahh spaa!Xpadition line looks decent too but something seems cheap about them.  The one piece rotationaly molded spa seems the way to go but am not in a rush to plunk down the $$ .  Thanks for replying so fast and looking forward to any/all info.   8)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 04:03:19 pm »
The rotationally molded (also called "Blow Molded") tubs all have about the same level of quality in the shell. They are a bit soft, so you need to have them well supported or they can tend to sag and change shape after a few years.

But you really can't hurt those shells! They are pretty tough.

So the choice then is up to you: the dealer is important. If you can buy a tub like this from a dealer as opposed to ordering it over the net you will have a much better time getting the thing set up and running correctly, and then taking care of it down the road will tend to be easier with input from the dealer. Also, some of these tubs warrant the spa shell only, and refer any warranty work over to the folks who made the equipment pack. You need to know that in advance: it's not much fun to have to drain the spa, take out the skid pack and ship it out for repairs.

Note that in the warranty on the Strong Spa the 'pressure switch' is not covered for the full year: and can anyone guess which part is the most likely part to die first? The pressure switch is a mechanical switch which only allows the heater to energize when there is water moving through it. And as such, it clicks on and off every single time the pump starts up - for jet use, heat, or filtration.

Options? Freeflow, Xspadition, etc. Look for the seating and features you like, and as I said, if possible, a local dealer.

And then enjoy!!
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2006, 05:48:09 pm »

Noah Middleman sez:

"Hell, son, don't pay no attention to Chaz as he is ebbidently biassed agin' SeaMonkey Spas!  He wouldn't know super hiyend quality if'n it bit him smack dab in de goozer!  Inflatoble spas is de future, jus' like de Led Zeplin and de Graf Zeplin and de Hinderburger, not sum kinda "Rotashunl Molded" flim flam.  I s'pose next he'll be tellin' you dat you have to use chimicals to treat the dam thing! ::)"

Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

sharkman009

• MORE WINE!
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 06:09:49 pm »
You dont need chemicals! I just had a customer in my store that was looking for some more lavender oil to treat her spa to help cover the stinky smell of the water. I learned today that lavender oil is a natural sanitizer. You learn something new every day. ;D The funny thing is she couldnt figure out where she got this rash she had all over her body.

Craiger

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 09:09:18 pm »
 :o Lavender oil ! LoL ! Hasn't she heard the secret to chem free tubz is to spray your entire torso with Axe body spray (Essence preferred) and then git in the tub really quick and  pump them jetz on high! ..will also ozonate that sucker as well !  :P

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 08:28:14 am »
actually, lavendar oil DOES have some sanitizing/healing properties.....but I can't see trying to use that stuff to keep my tub in top shape!!!!
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 08:28:14 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42