What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Increasing temperature on Jacuzzi tubs  (Read 8031 times)

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Increasing temperature on Jacuzzi tubs
« on: May 01, 2006, 07:01:31 pm »
I just called the Jacuzzi people trying to find out if they would walk me through jumping the limit set on my Jacuzzi 315.  Accoding to them, they can not do that because of UL regulations.. Geezs.. Anyone have any suggestions?  With the top off, The tub cools down to about 101 before 'kicking in' to reheat the water (I have it set at 104.... Unfortunately this is 'way to cool' for me'... Surely there must be someone brilliant on this board that can help out !!!!  Again, with the cover off, the MAX. I can get the water after it cools off to 101 is about 102.. (with the top off).. Ambient temp is about 52 now.. What will it be like in the winter?  I NEED HELP

Hot Tub Forum

Increasing temperature on Jacuzzi tubs
« on: May 01, 2006, 07:01:31 pm »

rocket

• Life is good!
Re: Increasing temperature on Jacuzzi tubs
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 07:19:26 pm »
Is this a 110V unit or do you have converted to 220V?

If 110V, converting it to 220V should get the job done for you.

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:50:37 pm »
Nope, Its already set for 220... I guess I need to jump it some how

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 07:51:39 pm »
Is this a 110V unit or do you have converted to 220V?

If 110V, converting it to 220V should get the job done for you.

Joshua's problem is the theromstat is programmed to kick on and reheat when it drops to @ 101 or 102.  220v wouldn't help with that.

I'll check with a Jacuzzi tech to see if I can find out what the procedure is.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 08:30:32 pm »
Thank you Hottubdan... Appreciate your efforts.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 10:24:50 pm »
 I NEED HELP

Admitting you have a problem is the first step in solving it.

Brewman

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 12:16:20 am »
yup... I've got a problem.. and looking for a '12 step' program to 'recover' the loss of temperature... If it only takes two or three steps... Ill take that too... ANYTHING to go beyond 104. LOL

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 09:13:40 am »
You'll get there.  Someone out there must know how.
You might consider posting your question on doc's board- there are a couple spa repair/electrician types who answer questions like that a lot.  
I know for a fact that you could find the jumper setting instructions for Sundance's 850 series board over there- not sure if your spa has the same electronics or not.
Worth a shot if you don't find out the answer here.
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 09:33:10 am »
a 220v tub in 52 degree weather should not have a heating and retention problem.   Espicalliy a quality full foamed tub.

The 315 is not a large tub. Something  has got to be wrong.

I would absolutley have a service guy check it all out before trying to override the temp controls yourself.  

Hmmmm.  You don't have a summer or efficenciey mode on your tub? I would ensure you have the heating and filtration is set to factory standards.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 09:34:10 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 09:39:46 am »
On my Jacuzzi even though I wired it for 220/60 amp the jumper had to be changed to tell the tub that. It was default set at a lower amp setting that wouldn't allow the heater to operate when the pumps were on.

That being said, my heater doesn't kick on until there is a two degree difference between set and actual temp.

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 09:45:51 am »
LTDan... That is exactly my problem... The dealer took out the computer chip that switches over the motor to 220 from 110.. but there was no change in the 'jumper cable'... WHen I asked the dealer, he said he doesn't know anything about that (switching the jumper).. so I'm Sh*t out of luck.. at least with the dealer....

Like your tub, my heater doesn't kick in with the jets on (despte being wired to 220/60 Amp...

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 09:51:23 am »
I had to move a small jumper on the control board when setting the tub up, it now knows it is wired for 220/60 amp the heater will work with the pumps on. I can be out in the coldest weather with both pumps on and the tub seems to have no trouble holding (or raising) the temp.

The instructions with pic were in the manual, maybe you can find a pdf file on your model to check the settings.

Good luck.

Dan

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 10:03:03 am »
Your heater does not kick on with the jets on???

If your dealer did not address the jumper when converting to 220v that would be part of the problem.  Jacuzzi should be able to help you with that.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 10:36:55 am »
You dealer doesn't sound too helpfull. It is either a t-stat issue, as htDan said, or your jumper on posts 1 and 2 are not jumpered. I'd be inclined to think it's the t-stat issue since you say the heater kicks on after the spa reaches 101. Unles, of course this is when you decide to put the jets on low speed therefore allowing the heater to kick on. In this case it is the jumper. Either way, the dealer needs to address the issue.  
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

joshua45

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 10:46:49 am »
I just double checked the control box... it IS wired the way it is supposed to be wired (according to schmatic for 220... there are no 'jumper' wires I can see... BUT.. the heater DOES WORK with the jets on 'low' but not when on "High" )this is a two speed motor... SO do I still have a problem with some wiring or jumpers?   Again, the same problem exists.. the heater does NOT kick in until about 101... HELP

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 10:46:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42