What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jet Pressure Majesta Vs Vanguard  (Read 5588 times)

Anoroc

Jet Pressure Majesta Vs Vanguard
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:51:54 am »
I am just curious for those who have wet tested both of these can you comment on jet pressure of these two hot tubs.

I believe the Majesta has a captains chair that is supposed to be very strong and I think the Hp is 2.5 continuous on both pumps.  The Vanguard has two pumps at 1.65 continuous Hp.

I am not buying a sundance but since these two spa probably compete against each other I was curious about the jet pressures in the seat given the difference in HP.

Hot Tub Forum

Jet Pressure Majesta Vs Vanguard
« on: April 25, 2006, 08:51:54 am »

hymbaw

Re: Jet Pressure Majesta Vs Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 11:29:38 am »
I am a Sundance dealer, however,  I used to sell HotSpring and think highly of their tubs. That being said, the jet pressure in a Sundance FAR exceeds that of a HotSpring IMHO. That is across the line not just when comparing these particular models. Again, just my opinion.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

shabba34

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 11:33:31 am »
I am a Sundance dealer, however,  I used to sell HotSpring and think highly of their tubs. That being said, the jet pressure in a Sundance FAR exceeds that of a HotSpring IMHO. That is across the line not just when comparing these particular models. Again, just my opinion.
I would have to agree with Hymbaw 3-4 years ago when HS had no HP spas in there line.  This is not the case anymore with the Envoy, Vista, and Grandee performing as well as many high powered spas in the industry. ;)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 12:35:03 pm »
Haven't been a dealer for either (primarily because I am not a dealer!) but did wet test both HS (envoy, vanguard but not the grandee which I think was the one I would have been most interested in) and Sundance (optima, majesta) recently before buying a spa.

I found the Sundance to have superior pressure overall and while the HS could get decent pressure in a particular spot it usually was at a sacrifice to other seats. The Sundance tended to have better pressure in more seats at the same time.

Of course my own spa was better than both at providing good pressure in all seats at the same time!

And cost about the same...

;)
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

salesdvl

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 12:36:55 pm »
I would have to agree with Hymbaw 3-4 years ago when HS had no HP spas in there line.  This is not the case anymore with the Envoy, Vista, and Grandee performing as well as many high powered spas in the industry. ;)

I don't know that I would say that adding 1/2 a hp to the 2 jet pumps and re-labeling them as "High Performance" puts them up there with  3, 4 or 5 jet pump spas, but that has never been their focus.  Their empire was not built based on "We have more firepower than anyone else."  And that's OK.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 12:41:49 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 12:50:02 pm »

I don't know that I would say that adding 1/2 a hp to the 2 jet pumps and re-labeling them as "High Performance" puts them up there with  3, 4 or 5 jet pump spas, but that has never been their focus.  Their empire was not built based on "We have more firepower than anyone else."  And that's OK.
More like adding 1 1/2 hp to each pump.  And I do agree that there goal is not firepower.  They also don't require 3,4,and 5 pumps do to the limited # of jets in the spa.  Notice I say # and not variety.  

By me saying High Performance is claiming what the MFG labels the spa vs. there EE energy efficient units.  Not like I'm sayng they are "Super High Performance". ;)

salesdvl

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 01:15:19 pm »
More like adding 1 1/2 hp to each pump.  And I do agree that there goal is not firepower.  They also don't require 3,4,and 5 pumps do to the limited # of jets in the spa.  Notice I say # and not variety.  

By me saying High Performance is claiming what the MFG labels the spa vs. there EE energy efficient units.  Not like I'm sayng they are "Super High Performance". ;)

Jet Pump 1 Wavemaster® 9000; One Speed, 2.5 HP Continuous Duty,
4.8 HP Breakdown Torque
Jet Pump 2 Wavemaster® 8000; One Speed, 2.0 HP Continuous Duty,
3.9 HP Breakdown Torque

Adding 1 1/2 hp would mean that the Grandee was a 1hp & a 1/2hp.  But I get the point.

and I prefer the "Super Dee Duper" High Performance.  :o   ;D  

Measure once, cut twice.

shabba34

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 01:23:24 pm »

Jet Pump 1 Wavemaster® 9000; One Speed, 2.5 HP Continuous Duty,
4.8 HP Breakdown Torque
Jet Pump 2 Wavemaster® 8000; One Speed, 2.0 HP Continuous Duty,
3.9 HP Breakdown Torque

Adding 1 1/2 hp would mean that the Grandee was a 1hp & a 1/2hp.  But I get the point.

and I prefer the "Super Dee Duper" High Performance.  :o   ;D  

Ok...1.4 BTHP on one and .4 BTHP on the other.  Where both right. ;D ;D ;D

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 01:45:27 pm »

I did not realize they were so underpowered before, but didn't we already have this discussion in another thread where only ¼ or ½ the spa can operate at performance levels?

IF you are not saying they are HP (high performance) is it that you only mean to imply it? ???

Anoroc

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 01:49:25 pm »
Ok...1.4 BTHP on one and .4 BTHP on the other.  Where both right. ;D ;D ;D

When did the HP increase.  Is that new for 2006?

shabba34

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 01:53:00 pm »
I did not realize they were so underpowered before, but didn't we already have this discussion in another thread where only ¼ or ½ the spa can operate at performance levels?

IF you are not saying they are HP (high performance) is it that you only mean to imply it? ???
Calling the spa as it is labled from Watkins.  HP or EE.  And the comment I made regarding the HS spa performing now much better in a wet test then they used to is correct.  J_Mcd, when was the last time you wet tested an Envoy or a Vista?  I know I was in the Optima and the Maxxus not but a month ago.  All 4 spas perform well, I just don't tout mine as having a Superior feel to the rest. ;)

J._McD

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 02:12:27 pm »
Calling the spa as it is labled from Watkins.  HP or EE.  And the comment I made regarding the HS spa performing now much better in a wet test then they used to is correct.  J_Mcd, when was the last time you wet tested an Envoy or a Vista?  I know I was in the Optima and the Maxxus not but a month ago.  All 4 spas perform well, I just don't tout mine as having a Superior feel to the rest. ;)

I argree with your statement in general, most all spas perform well, and that is why people should wet test them.  However, I made no claims of superiority or performance, although I do believe the SD accupressure seat out performs anything that HS has, and that is left only to the interpretation of the end user.  He is the one that finds the superior spa.  And, that could be the brand you sell or any other of the brands mentioned here.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 02:13:22 pm by J._McD »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 02:26:24 pm »
I argree with your statement in general, most all spas perform well, and that is why people should wet test them.  However, I made no claims of superiority or performance...

Ya know, if my Dad was still around he'd round up about 8 of you guys and give you all boxing gloves and say "I'm tired of hearing this bickering, go at it and get this over with so I can get some peace" (true story in my family by the way). ;) ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36:51 pm »
give you all boxing gloves

Boxing gloves hell, let them go full contact!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 02:36:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42