What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Pricing  (Read 3853 times)

Starbuck

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sundance Pricing
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:27:42 pm »
Hi guys.  New to the forum.  About to purchase a Sundance Majesta with all features, including cd player.  Trying to find out what a reasonable price would be.  Also open to any other suggestions for other Makes and Models.  I hear D1 and HotSpring are up there with Sundance.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 08:19:07 pm by Starbuck »

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Pricing
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:27:42 pm »

Vanguard

Re: Sundance Pricing
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:26:02 pm »
If you are still looking, I own a Hot Spring Vanguard and have been extremely happy.  I know Sundance is also a good brand.  I think Hot Spring and Sundance both have very good reputations.  

I recommend getting in the spas and doing a wet test.  Find out which one is the most comfortable to you.  You also want to find out which jets you like the most.  I loved the double Moto Massage that is what sold me.
The stars at night are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas and my Vanguard!!!

PaulMc

• 2005 Sundance Majesta and lovin' it.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:44:06 pm »
  We bought a Majesta in July of 2005. Included a stereo which I love having. We paid about 9K US. Awesome spa and great support from the dealer, although knock on wood, aside from a collapsing filter which was replaced no questions asked, we only get to see them for supplies and water tests. Well worth it. paul
Owner, Sundance Majesta , July '05, Ontario Canada

Starbuck

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 09:28:23 pm »
Thanks so much guys.  It's real hard to find reviews and info, at least I haven't found much other than this site and it really helps.  I've got a price of 8600 for everything.  Just trying to see if that is about right for the type of spa.  Any ideas when the 2007 models come out?

Thanks again,
Lee

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 09:38:22 pm »
I've never seen or experienced one, but it appears that this is a top-of-the-line model made by a major manufacturer.  

From what I've seen, $8,600 is a good price for such a tub....especially with the radio (which can often cost $500).

Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 08:15:24 am »
I've never seen or experienced one, but it appears that this is a top-of-the-line model made by a major manufacturer.  

From what I've seen, $8,600 is a good price for such a tub....especially with the radio (which can often cost $500).

Majesta is a new spa, fits in sizewise just below the Optima/Cameo (I think).

When I got our $2003 Optima, the stereo option was more like $1000.  
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 08:15:55 am by Brewman »
Brewman

Salty_Ag

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 11:24:39 am »
The Majesta is a wonderful spa no doubt.  My wife and I have recently been through the selection process. We wet tested the Optima and the Majesta, I loved them both but my wife could never get comfortable in either one.  The seats were to deep in both.  We then wet tested a D1 - Diplomat with adjustable head rests.  This
spa was much more comfortable for her and I had to admit that I actually felt more comfortable in the D1 as well.  (I''ve been thinking a "Sundance" spa was the only choice for years.  I'm glad we wet tested.  Our Diplomat will be here in two weeks.)

gw

• sundance cameo owner
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 12:41:26 pm »
we got a 2005 sundance cameo last month for $7995.  in louisville, stereos are a thousand dollars more.  not having music is ok for us

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2006, 09:30:09 pm »
Our 06 Optima will be installed soon. $7650 included ozone, cover lifter, step and chemical kit. 800 more for stereo as I recall. Majesta would have been 500 cheaper.

hymbaw

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 04:11:23 pm »
Starbuck,
The price you were quoted is what we charge without stereo. I say go for it!

BK,

You got a steal, my friend! Congrats and enjoy.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2006, 02:59:47 pm »
BK, that's an unbelievable price. How did you get it so cheap? Where are you located?

Our 06 Optima will be installed soon. $7650 included ozone, cover lifter, step and chemical kit. 800 more for stereo as I recall. Majesta would have been 500 cheaper.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

BK

• 06 Sundance Optima
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2006, 11:40:52 pm »
a. I found a gem of a dealer.
b. I drive a hard bargain.
c. I was in the right place at the right time.
d. All of the above. (correct!)

Actually, we found a young man who knows spas quite well in Aberdeen, SD.   He's had some bad experiences with partners and decided to go out on his own.

The former Sundance dealer in Pierre here has quit carrying spas and this young guy has been servicing what he sold.

The market is dominated by HotSpring in SD. At least five dealers, but none here in Pierre. Sundance seems to really want him to succeed and I think sees Pierre as a place where he could do it. Pierre is centrally located and no direct local HS competition. So I surmise that he might have gotten some encouragement to make the sale. Maybe not, but it seems like a great deal to me.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 11:42:05 pm by BK »

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 08:49:25 am »
Your pricing seems good and in line with other similar models/makes.

for me, 05 Sundance Bahia wet floor model w/stereo cd player, lifter for $5999.99+tax.  It's been 2 weeks tomorrow and just love it!  Acutally, they had same model w/out stereo...didn't think we'd want one but opted to buy with.  Glad we did!  Even when working in the back yard, we can put on the baseball game or music.  In the winter, I can envision listening to the Browns crush the Stealers (on purpose!).

Good luck! ;D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 08:51:18 am by luvin_tubin_sqezin »
Better than I deserve...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 08:49:25 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42