What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ITS HERE, ITS HERE...for the love of....  (Read 6779 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: ITS HERE, ITS HERE...for the love of....
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 11:02:59 am »
Congrats, luvin! As far as startup tips.....add water, heat, remove the big white furball in the pics....ENJOY!!!
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 11:02:59 am »

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 11:22:56 am »
Congrats, luvin! As far as startup tips.....add water, heat, remove the big white furball in the pics....ENJOY!!!

Thanks TL!  Will do!  Besides, fur would play havoc with the filter!!!   ;)

How's yours doin?  I tried to get some delivery pics like you did but by the time I got home after the delivery guys called, it was off the truck, in the yard, on the deck.  Oh well!  
Better than I deserve...

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 11:50:19 am »
How far away is the electical panel from the tub?  All looks awesome but what would the NEC police think? ;)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 11:54:07 am »
How far away is the electical panel from the tub?  All looks awesome but what would the NEC police think? ;)

Shhhh!  Uping the life insurance as we speak!! :-X

Waterproof box w/gfi breakers should be ok, no?  
Better than I deserve...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 11:58:57 am »
Oh! Good. Thanks for the reminder, haven't checked my kid's space recently.

Don't worry. I have.  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 12:00:32 pm »

Shhhh! ÊUping the life insurance as we speak!! :-X

Waterproof box w/gfi breakers should be ok, no? Ê

If your stealth electrician says its ok, it ok by me... ::)
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 09:03:21 am »
Thanks TL!  Will do!  Besides, fur would play havoc with the filter!!!   ;)
How's yours doin?  I tried to get some delivery pics like you did but by the time I got home after the delivery guys called, it was off the truck, in the yard, on the deck.  Oh well!  

Our tub's doin' GREAT.....I've settled back some, trying to keep away from the chemicals the instant a reading isn't exactly what I want to see....my pH is running a little high yet, and the hardness is up there yet, but the TA is down within 'acceptable ranges', according to the strips...and the dogs are staying OUT of the tub (that would be the rat on stilts AND the hairball husky)
I felt like a real PITA when the tub was delivered...I stayed out of the way as much as possible and let the pros do the job. ;)
RIP C-Rod

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 09:16:44 am »
Our tub's doin' GREAT.....I've settled back some, trying to keep away from the chemicals the instant a reading isn't exactly what I want to see....my pH is running a little high yet, and the hardness is up there yet, but the TA is down within 'acceptable ranges', according to the strips...and the dogs are staying OUT of the tub (that would be the rat on stilts AND the hairball husky)
I felt like a real PITA when the tub was delivered...I stayed out of the way as much as possible and let the pros do the job. ;)

Good to hear!  Our first soak was last night...it was awesome!  Lots of fun.  My water going in wasn't bad at all.  My strips I got with the start up kit only check for free chlorine, ph, and alkalinity.  No hardness, TA?.  Maybe I should get a different test.

Don't even mention the pups...we got out last night and my pup had wet paws (rained earlier) so I left to get a rag and left the tub cover off since I was going to add dichlor and don't you know, that trouble-makin' white ball of fur jumped INTO THE TUB!!!!  I couldn't have been gone 40 seconds and I came back outside and there she was, in the back yard half soaked and half dry and the water in the tub was rockin'!  She must have jumped in and out all in one motion....big surprise to her I'd guess.

Hopefully the first and last time for that!!!   :o
Better than I deserve...

Kyle

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 10:43:25 am »

OOOPS.  I won't tell if you don't.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 06:03:03 pm »

I bought a second set of strips that test for total alkalinity and total chlorine in addition to the other 3 basic items. I use one of each strip when I test, and compare the results on the identical items.....they never seem to completely match, so I guesstimate from there.  ::)
See, now.....I TOLD ya to keep the furball outta the tub! *LMAO* Poor poochie.....  ;D currently our setup is keeping the dogs AWAY from the tub....and out of the grass/mud surrounding it. The husky loves to dig, and I'd REALLY hate to have to fish EITHER of them out!!
In any case, congrats!! Once you get things relatively balanced, back away from the chemicals (other than dichlor), so you don't micromanage and have to dump and start over....but then....if you let Roxie play in the tub, you might have to do that anyhow! ;)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 06:03:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42