What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: spa blanket suggestions, please  (Read 7501 times)

TubsAndCues

Re: spa blanket suggestions, please
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 02:03:59 pm »
I had a blanket with my first tub...no leash though. It did help keep the water off the cover but if you use your tub when its freezing out you might want to do something with it during your soak other than leave it out to freeze. All the little air bubbles on the blanket freeze and fall apart after you handle it much. Before you know it you will have a tub full of broken air bubbles. I like to soak in freezing weather so I'll probably never get another one.

The bubbles don't normally break due to handling and freezing.  At least on the blankets we sell.  Ours are the same material as solar covers for pools.  

When the bubbles are coming apart, its typically due to one of two things, not leaving it off long enough after shocking, or improper water balance (particularly running a sanitizer level too high on a regular basis)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2006, 02:03:59 pm »

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2006, 02:19:39 pm »
Would you say the bubbles are a better insulator then the closed cell foam (I think that is what it is)? I am not sending mine back, but I was just wondering. I ALWAYS use my solar cover for my pool and the one I have is very thick and I can even step on the bubbles and they don't break. Is that what your spa blankets are made of? I haven't been able to fit my blanket to the spa yet because the weather has been so dang windy...Hubby doesn't even know I have it yet so I need to get it perfect before he discovers it! ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2006, 02:23:42 pm »
Would you say the bubbles are a better insulator then the closed cell foam (I think that is what it is)? I am not sending mine back, but I was just wondering. I ALWAYS use my solar cover for my pool and the one I have is very thick and I can even step on the bubbles and they don't break. Is that what your spa blankets are made of? I haven't been able to fit my blanket to the spa yet because the weather has been so dang windy...Hubby doesn't even know I have it yet so I need to get it perfect before he discovers it! ;D

Are you asking if a enclosed air space  (TP) is  a better insulator than a high density fully foamed blanket ? oh - oh.  

(The foam is a better insulator)  ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2006, 02:41:51 pm »
I retract my last question....Oh Shoot me please

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 02:53:36 pm »

T.P. Cooter sez:
"Dead ayr space beez de best insoolation imaginirble."
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2006, 02:55:27 pm »

Fuller "Foam" Festus sez:
"Tain't neither.  Ya gotta have some dinged danged foam sprayed in yonder.  Don't make no sense, nutherwise."
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 02:57:36 pm »
That being the case, I guess my head is well insulated! ;D Gotta love ol Cooter!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2006, 02:57:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42