What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: PH/TA  (Read 1914 times)

Bosmani

• lifes to short to drink cheap wine
PH/TA
« on: April 05, 2006, 04:20:40 pm »
I had problems getting PH down....Told to forget abput TA altogether???? PH ok after a week but what about the TA?? Views please,

Hot Tub Forum

PH/TA
« on: April 05, 2006, 04:20:40 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: PH/TA
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 04:30:48 pm »
What is your alkaline reading, now that your PH in range?

Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 06:06:20 pm »
Funny.....I was told that if your TA isn't within a certain range that the pH will bounce around.....I thought TA was "the tractor" and pH "the trailer"??
RIP C-Rod

nicker

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 07:05:09 pm »
lowing the PH will also lower the Alk.   Having the Alk in check around the 120 area will keep your PH in check (provideing its with in range now).   Tattooed lady is right.  If the Alk is not stable the PH will bounce around.

TubsAndCues

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 07:32:23 pm »
Unfortunately, the 2 big reasons you bought your tub- hot water and the bubbles- are going to keep your water balance in constant flux.  The hotter the water is, the more the pH wants to rise on it's own.  Also, every time air is induced into the water, either by your tub turning on to cycle or by you turning on the jets, the total alkalinity will slowly drop.  

Try testing your water and balancing once a week on the same day for a few weeks in a row, and you'll notice a pretty regular pattern.  One of my employees, a high school student, did this with his own family's tub, and found that based on an average week, he could make a very good calculated estimate of how much TA increaser and pH decreaser he needed to keep his tub maintained.

Also, your pH may be starting high if you're using well water, which tends to start with a high TA and pH.

One last tip, ALWAYS adjust the TA first, wait an hour or so, and then adjust the pH.  You will likely waste time and chems with little result if you do it the other way around.

;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 07:32:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42