What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dimensions....?  (Read 2934 times)

Gil

Dimensions....?
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:56:29 pm »
Hello,

My wife and I are looking to purchase a tub real soon to be placed on our enclosed back porch.  We have an "L" shaped porch that has a concrete floor and has over 260 square foot of floor space, it's 35 feet long by 7 1/2 feet wide.  Sounds like a good place for a tub right? However, our choices appear to be very limited due to the size of the door way into the porch (80" high and 36" wide).  My question is, are the dimensions listed in the brochures and on the websites true assembled dimensions?  Basically, if a tub is listed as 84x76x36 I'm assuming that it will fit through a door way that is 36 inches wide, is this correct?
We're trying to get the largest tub that we can without having to dismantle the porch since it's nearly all windows and large wooden pillars that are set in the concrete.  So far, it looks like the Martinique, Quest, Bengal, Marin, J-325, and the Sovereign will fit at first glance.  Any info. is greatly appreciated.

Take Care,
Gil

Hot Tub Forum

Dimensions....?
« on: April 03, 2006, 04:56:29 pm »

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
Re: Dimensions....?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 05:14:48 pm »
I had to be sure the spa I purchased would fit through a 40" gate. It was listed as 38" high and that indeed was exactly what it measured. Whether that is true of other brands I couldn't say.

Probably best to take a tape measure and be sure before you buy.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 05:16:01 pm »
Normally you add an inch to account for packaging but in reality the dimensions SHOULD be accurate (bring a tape measure) and they can remove the packaging whe they get to the entrance if they're careful. In the end it's better to be safe than sorry. What I might consider doing if you're really uneasy is narrow it to the spa you want and ask the dealer/salesperson to do a site inspection for you since you are comfortable. Usually they'll have someone stop by when they're delivering in your neighborhood, or have someone do so on their way home who lives close by or the salesperson simply does that as a way to make their commission. The last thing either of you want is the spa sitting in the driveway.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 05:55:14 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

anne

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 05:52:28 pm »
When I was spa-searching, every dealer I spoke to was confident as to the size gate/doorway any given tub would fit through. If I did not ask about dimensions, they asked me. I dont think they want to have delivery abruptly halted by a mismeasurement any more than you do. I'd just make sure you double check the door width, account for any rotating/ etc that will occur, and go to wet test with that info.  
Dance like nobody's watching

Gil

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 06:16:29 pm »
Thanks for the info. everyone.  It's too bad that someone doesn't make a tub that's less than 80 inches but about.......15 feet long  ;D  It's ok to wish isn't it.

Take Care,
Gil

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 07:56:09 pm »
you can bet and count on the hotspring, tiger river dimensions.
the others, I'm unsure.
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 09:36:12 am »
I too would grab a tape measure.   When you are looking at the door, are there hinges, hasps and other hardware that may also interfere with moving it in.   Taking the door frame off, is not AS bad as it sounds.

Also,  don't forget you 7 1/2 ' dimensions, is not alot. Most tubs are 7' wide (or greater). Cover lifters will take up a least a foot.

07 Caldera Geneva

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 03:29:25 pm »
One tub you might consider is Hydropool's 575-split tub.  It's not shown on their website (or at least I couldn't find it) at http://www.hydropoolhottubs.com but I believe it's still available as my dealer ordered one recently.  This link
http://www.sunspaces.com/spas/hp575_1b.htm will give you info on the split tub while this link http://www.sunspaces.com/spas/hp575p.htm will give you info on the tub itself, after it's been assembled.  They came in two depths, 29" and 36".

From what I understand, the tub is literally two pieces that then get silicon-ed together.  I believe they made it thinking of situations like yours.  

Finally, there's a Hydropool rep type, Steve, that follows this forum. Perhaps he would have more to offer.

Jim

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 03:29:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42