What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover Saver  (Read 3123 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Cover Saver
« on: April 01, 2006, 02:57:47 pm »
Is there a cover saver for the Glide Rite style cover lift? I don't have issue with the seam being wrecked by the bar, but I DO wonder if the seam will go to pot in the long run just by having the weight of half the cover hanging from it.....??

By the way....with the cover as high as it is, it turns out we won't need a privacy panel or fence on that side of the tub. This leaves my options WIDE open.....
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

Cover Saver
« on: April 01, 2006, 02:57:47 pm »

TN__HOT_TUB

• Owner of  an Artesian Island Grand Cayman
Re: Cover Saver
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 08:33:29 pm »
It seems that i've seen some straps that are designed to aleviate the stress placed on the cover seam.  I'm not too sure if they fit your coverlifter, but I'm willing to bet they would (if you're not marketing your products to HS owners...you're missing the boat).

Regarding your cover creating privacy.  I've heard several folks say the same thing. I'm hoping ours provides some privacy as well.
Artesian Island Grand Cayman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 11:10:56 pm »
The "Cover Saver" that I'm familiar with is only designed for center bar cover lifters.

Steve

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 09:21:37 am »
Steve, that's what I thought......and this cover lift has brackets that bolt directly to the sides of the cover....no bar to attach to....Oh, well....maybe it's not something I need to worry over...or maybe it's just something I'll have to get creative on and make a rest for at a later date.
Thanks
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 10:39:23 am »
What if you had something on the ground that the non-supported 1/2 of the cover could rest on? Hmmmmm. could get in the way of access to that side if it were permanent. What about 2 supports, one on each end so the doors could still open. Some sort of planter box with a beefy enough side that could double as a cover-rest? I'm no engineer....... ;)
Dance like nobody's watching

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 01:43:10 pm »
see, that's where my problem starts....that and potentially scuffing the cover....I'll have to think on this one for awhile......probably until I need a new cover or tub. ;)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 01:43:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42