What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Warranties on "Floor Models"  (Read 4025 times)

Salty_Ag

Warranties on "Floor Models"
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:21:38 am »
I have read several threads here where people buy floor models through their dealer and save a great deal of money.  

Do these tubs still carry the full warranty or is it reduced is some way?

Hot Tub Forum

Warranties on "Floor Models"
« on: March 30, 2006, 10:21:38 am »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Re: Warranties on "Floor Models"
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 10:28:26 am »
Each manufacture might be a tad different.  Check when the warranty startes.  Arctic Spas warranty starts the day the spa is delivered to a customers home.

Michael

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 10:30:53 am »
It depends on how long it has been on the floor and who the manufacture is.

Dealers don't make the warranty they are simply the facilitator of that warranty so the manufacture determines the start time.

Most warranties start upon delivery but there is a clause in some that says if the warranty has not been registered to a customer buy a certain aging date that the warranty be put into effect. In most of those cases you get the balance of the warranty.

Some floor models are referbs or even repos and those are usually warranted by the dealer depending on what they feel comfortable with at the selling price.

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 11:53:11 am »
To the best of my knowledge, Watkins Mfg. is the only one to reduce the warranty on a product based on it's manufactur/sale date. If you carry the full line of their product, and you have one model that is oh lets say......a DOG...and it's been on your floor for a year, they will start reducing the warranty coverage. Again, only from my experience, but the vast majority of other manufacturers warranties begin in full from date of delivery regardless of weather it is a floor model demo or not. The only portion of the warranty that would not be in effect are the portions the dealer specificaly excludes in writing. When I sell a floor model this is my wording on the contract...Floor model sold as is, cosmetic flaws not repaired by said manufacturer nor said dealer, all warranties apply, or words to that effect. Floor models have an air of being "used" spas, that is why we give discounts on demos. By we I mean us, our dealership not the industry as a whole.  

It depends on how long it has been on the floor and who the manufacture is.

Dealers don't make the warranty they are simply the facilitator of that warranty so the manufacture determines the start time.

Most warranties start upon delivery but there is a clause in some that says if the warranty has not been registered to a customer buy a certain aging date that the warranty be put into effect. In most of those cases you get the balance of the warranty.

Some floor models are referbs or even repos and those are usually warranted by the dealer depending on what they feel comfortable with at the selling price.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 11:53:40 am by Wisoki »
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 12:23:51 pm »
I was unaware that any dealer could sell a spa and reduce the warranty due to the age of the spa. I was always under the understanding that warranties started on delivery. If the spa was "used" I could see that reflect on the remaining warranty but never on a tub that hasn't been used. These warranties aren't registered until delivery so I can't see reducing a warranty on any new spa? ???

Steve
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 12:24:30 pm by Steve »

Cruiser

• I love Ya Dabba Dabba Do
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 12:37:53 pm »
To the best of my knowledge, Watkins Mfg. is the only one to reduce the warranty on a product based on it's manufactur/sale date. If you carry the full line of their product, and you have one model that is oh lets say......a DOG...and it's been on your floor for a year, they will start reducing the warranty coverage. Again, only from my experience, but the vast majority of other manufacturers warranties begin in full from date of delivery regardless of weather it is a floor model demo or not. The only portion of the warranty that would not be in effect are the portions the dealer specificaly excludes in writing. When I sell a floor model this is my wording on the contract...Floor model sold as is, cosmetic flaws not repaired by said manufacturer nor said dealer, all warranties apply, or words to that effect. Floor models have an air of being "used" spas, that is why we give discounts on demos. By we I mean us, our dealership not the industry as a whole.  

Cruiser

• I love Ya Dabba Dabba Do
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 12:38:54 pm »
Actually the Watkins warranty states it begins on the date of delivery, it has nothing to do with the manufacturing date.

shabba34

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 01:05:28 pm »
The warranty on a Watkins manufactured spa will kick in at the end of the following calendar year from the manufacturing year.  Ex:  1st quarter 2006 spa not sold by Dec 31st, 2007, warranty will kick in from the manufacturer.  I believe it has something to do with an insurance account that all manufacturers must carry to cover all spas currently under mfg warranty.  Even the smallest of dealers should not find it hard to sell the product in that 1.5-2 year period. ;)  

luvin_tubin_sqezin

• Kiss my cartoon butt!
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 01:12:04 pm »
Just purchased 2005 Sundance Bahia floor model.  It's been on the floor in the showroom for nearly a year and it comes with the full factory warranty that initiates from the delivery date....April 14th.  

I'm hoping that any bugs have been worked out and repaired/replaced already and I'll get a super tub!  

Also as a side note:  the dealer company is also our service company.  Any service on the tub has been done by them and as a part of the deal, they're supplying me with any/all repair records.  Might be a good idea for all floor models.
;D
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 01:14:06 pm by luvin_tubin_sqezin »
Better than I deserve...

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 02:12:04 pm »
I didn't say the dealer reduces the warranty I said...To the best of my knowledge, Watkins Mfg. is the only one to reduce the warranty on a product based on it's manufactur/sale date.

I was unaware that any dealer could sell a spa and reduce the warranty due to the age of the spa. I was always under the understanding that warranties started on delivery. If the spa was "used" I could see that reflect on the remaining warranty but never on a tub that hasn't been used. These warranties aren't registered until delivery so I can't see reducing a warranty on any new spa? ???

Steve

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 02:13:10 pm »
Um, what Pkud said...

Actually the Watkins warranty states it begins on the date of delivery, it has nothing to do with the manufacturing date.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 02:31:11 pm »
The warranty on a Watkins manufactured spa will kick in at the end of the following calendar year from the manufacturing year.  Ex:  1st quarter 2006 spa not sold by Dec 31st, 2007, warranty will kick in from the manufacturer.  I believe it has something to do with an insurance account that all manufacturers must carry to cover all spas currently under mfg warranty.  Even the smallest of dealers should not find it hard to sell the product in that 1.5-2 year period. ;)  

And, the warranty simply begins counting down. For example, if a floor model spa is sold one month over that date, the warranty will simply end one month sooner.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 04:10:12 pm »
I have read several threads here where people buy floor models through their dealer and save a great deal of money.  

Do these tubs still carry the full warranty or is it reduced is some way?

I got the full 5 years from Dynasty. I verified with them the install date.  Just past the 3rd birthday!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 04:10:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42