Author Topic: baqua  (Read 8775 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: baqua
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 05:32:35 pm »
Option for non-chlorine tubs:

The following is right off the LT web site. I have sold a little bit of this, but folks who are on Baqua don't want to switch for whatever reason. I like the idea of having just three bottles and some test strips to worry about - all the rest of the products can be normal LT stuff. That saves money.

Advantage:
This 100% chlorine-free, bromine-free, odor-free sanitizing system is easy on sensitive skin while keeping water crystal clear and clean. And you won't have to worry about it fading your bathing suit or daFree Sanitizing System

The Free sanitizing system is the newest addition to the Leisure Time line and is 100% chlorine and bromine-free. It is comprised of three main products that work together to keep your water sparkling clean and clear. Free is great for sensitive skin and is virtually odor-free.

Features:

* chlorine-free and bromine-free sanitizing system for spas
   * Gentle on eyes, hair, and skin.

Applications:
Start-up and Maintenance:
See individual product labels for Free, Boost and Control for specific instructions on dosages and applications.

Compatible With:
Free products are compatible with the Leisure Time Simple Spa Care specialty line of products.
maging your hair. Free is a softer, gentler way to sanitize.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 05:32:35 pm »

bubbleboy

• Down East Exeter
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 06:11:59 pm »
I use Leisure Time. I started my tub with it about 2 months ago. I love it. No cough, no smell, doesn't dry my skin out and I already have pretty dry skin.

It is easy to use. Once a week add in boost and control. Check the free level. I love it.

It's about time I quit lurking!  ;)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 07:31:20 pm »
What's in the LT stuff? Is it similar to Baqua or something totally different.

The following is right off the LT web site. I have sold a little bit of this, but folks who are on Baqua don't want to switch for whatever reason. I like the idea of having just three bottles and some test strips to worry about - all the rest of the products can be normal LT stuff. That saves money.

Advantage:
This 100% chlorine-free, bromine-free, odor-free sanitizing system is easy on sensitive skin while keeping water crystal clear and clean. And you won't have to worry about it fading your bathing suit or daFree Sanitizing System

The Free sanitizing system is the newest addition to the Leisure Time line and is 100% chlorine and bromine-free. It is comprised of three main products that work together to keep your water sparkling clean and clear. Free is great for sensitive skin and is virtually odor-free.

Features:

Â   * chlorine-free and bromine-free sanitizing system for spas
 Â   * Gentle on eyes, hair, and skin.

Applications:
See individual product labels for Free, Boost and Control for specific instructions on dosages and applications.

Compatible With:
Free products are compatible with the Leisure Time Simple Spa Care specialty line of products.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 07:32:46 pm »
What's in the LT stuff? Is it similar to Baqua or something totally different.

Oh no, it's completely similar.

They are both based on Biquanides - very much the same.

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 08:50:58 pm »
I'm with the rest.  Once I'm out of my existing supply of Baqua. I'm moving on to something else.   My water has always been clear.  The problems are I usually have a gooey sticky scum line, the water has sort of a stale smell. I followed the weekly regimen to a"T". Having these problems, I went to my dealer who stated I had 10 times the amount of #2 needed.  Another dealer said I had to take the metal out, leave the cover open longer.....add more number one.

My test strips NEVER indicate that I need to add sanitizer. With Baqua the scale and sanitizer are all in one. So I rarely add the sanitizer and of course that means rare scale control.  So now I'm just guessing.  I guess mine are as good as the "experts".  

My buddy uses Soft Soak and loves it. I understand theirs is 4 part system.  

I emailed the Baqua folks with my concerns about their product and suggested they might have a PR problem on their hands and could they help me out.  Their reply.......yadda yadda yadda and what ever you do, don't sniff the chemicals straight from the bottle.

Current situation:  Water has stale oder, burns kids eyes, tastes bitter...............clear as a bell.

Snyper

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 12:57:13 am »

Advantage:

Features:

* chlorine-free and bromine-free sanitizing system for spas
    * Gentle on eyes, hair, and skin.

Applications:

Compatible With:

Hmmmmmmmmmm........ If I dump the bromine Spa Frog and switched over to LT, could I/should i still use the Spa Frog mineral cartridge?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 11:39:05 am »
No.

Metals of any kind mess up Biquanides.

But using 'Free' allows you to use "Metal Gon" which is about half the price of the Baaqua metal stuff.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 12:19:34 pm »
Chas,

Of course you use the whole bottle of the Metal Gon and a couple of ounces of the Bqual Metal Contorl.  By the ounce, the Baqua product is much less expensive.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 01:35:18 pm »
Chas,

Of course you use the whole bottle of the Metal Gon and a couple of ounces of the Bqual Metal Control.  By the ounce, the Baqua product is much less expensive.

I hadn't thought of that -

Don't have time to think it through right now, but off the top of my head, I know you only put Metal Gon in (whole bottle) once at the water change, which is 3 or 4 months.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2006, 11:01:05 pm »

Don't have time to think it through right now, but off the top of my head, I know you only put Metal Gon in (whole bottle) once at the water change, which is 3 or 4 months.

Does Leisure Time want you to use Defender once a week with the Free system?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 12:07:01 am »
Oh, I'm sure they do - but it doesn't seem to be a must.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2006, 12:07:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42