What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: ready to buy, and my head aches....  (Read 9511 times)

gw

• sundance cameo owner
Re: ready to buy, and my head aches....
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 12:35:58 pm »
we've been doing hot tub research for about a year, including visits to about 7 different dealers in the louisville area.  will wet test sundance cameo tonight or wednesday.  this could be the week.  good luck on your research.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 12:35:58 pm »

hymbaw

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 02:12:07 pm »
I think you have a couple of good suggestions in the Caspian and the Bahia. I would go that route as opposed to buying brand "X" just because it's cheaper.

Get out there and find an '05 and you will get a lot of spa for the $$

Good Luck
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

kysteelerja

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 07:12:59 pm »
Went to the artesian dealer didn't have the cayman or the smaller version on the floor, nor do they do wet test. only been listed in the BBB since 2000 they are primarily a pool dealer. forgot to ask how long selling spas. I hope the "x" brand wasn't referencing the "e" brand??? The sundance model is sold in indiana, hate to go over the brdge since i am the one doing all the leg work, when we wet test of course hubby will be coming with me whether he wants to or not. the spa will be under our main level deck, on a aggregate(?) exposed slab and will be fairly protected from the elements, we plan to enclose one side with smoke plexiglass, so neighbors won't be tempted to peep so to speak. need to pour enough concrete to make the slab as large as the deck above, not much plan to do that ourselves. have an electrician lined up to put in the service, plenty of room in the 200 amp panel. oh,05 floor models on the hot springs, caldera and tiger river are already gone.missed that event by about a month. dealer does not yet have any tiger river models on the floor and doesn't know when, if or what models will be sent, i still like the emerald hope it feels as good as it looks, except for the cabinet, i liked others better, but i hope it won't be an issue with where we plan to put it....

kysteelerja

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 07:17:03 pm »
have dumped the idea of the least expensive one i looked at. Dealer struck me as being a little shady, just my impression. Had more complaints w/ the BBB than the other dealers too.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 08:23:11 pm »
I'd go more with gut instinct on him being shady more than BBB complaints....unless those complaints weren't addressed, are older and still unresolved, that is.....
RIP C-Rod

kysteelerja

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 08:29:49 pm »
Well  TL i didn't have a good feeling from the get go, paying less was tempting but not worth it in the long run.

gw

• sundance cameo owner
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 12:18:57 pm »
you don't have to go "overseas" to indiana to shop for sundance--go to pools plus on lagrange road near oxmoor center.  there's also a coleman dealer on river road, and a dynasty dealer on preston...just to name a few.

savvy

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 02:01:12 pm »
i understand the headache you are going thru.  started shopping  last weekend and i purchased my tub today.  its worse than buying a car, too many diffrent options and  stories from different dealers.  i  purchaed the m570 by emerald.  it has a lounger and 4 others seats with a lot of jets and hp.  i really liked the way its insulated and the pressurized filterization.  it also has the spa frog for easy chemical main. my wife was mainly concerned with the main. of chemicals and the frog systems seems from what our rep said to be very easy and it works great.  good luck and i hope you find the right tub for you.

salesdvl

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 02:43:04 pm »
 as for my reference to the vanguard i am sort of using that as my flagship by which to compare others as it was a consumer's best buy winner, my flagship until i am convinced otherwise.

Keep in mind that Consumers Digest Best Buy ratings are purchased by the manufacturers.  Do not use that as a major factor.
Measure once, cut twice.

kysteelerja

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 07:35:45 pm »
Going to wet test the 06 emerald670 on thursday and an 05 sundance bahia on saturday which i was told they'd be very motivated to move. of course, just don't know how motivated is motivated.....any suggestions on a fair price? It is the color i want yeah!! Salesman quoted me around $6500 for the 06 and then when he mentioned the 05 floor model, said he might be able to let that go for about $6200, not too much a difference to me. any help there?  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 07:35:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42