What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: "whats the best....."  (Read 5079 times)

anne

"whats the best....."
« on: March 20, 2006, 05:10:51 am »
OK, this may be a silly question, but why is this site called "whats the best hot tub" when the overwhelming consensus is that there IS no best? Is the name to be taken tongue-in-cheek, or is it just because that is the first question you know people will ask, even if it is not the right question?

Just a little late night pondering  ::)
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

"whats the best....."
« on: March 20, 2006, 05:10:51 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: "whats the best....."
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 08:25:57 am »
This web site is just a nick in what appears to be a larger "What's the Best" theme.  Quite by accident, I disovered a "What's the Best- Lawnmower" site, which looks remarkably like this one.  
And I bet that they have never ending arguments over Toro vs Honda vs whoever- and no definitive answer on what the best lawn mower is.  

Doncha love that late nite pondering stuff?

Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:26:43 am »
I have a Snapper.   ;D
RIP C-Rod

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:28:03 am »
I have a Snapper.   ;D

I'll bet you do...... ;)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 08:43:12 am »
I love the snapper, I think that is every mans choice.  Tatooed_lady, hold on to your socks, your in for a lot of jokes ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 08:54:19 am »
Snapper sucks.   ;)
Measure once, cut twice.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 09:30:48 am »
This web site is just a nick in what appears to be a larger "What's the Best" theme.  Quite by accident, I disovered a "What's the Best- Lawnmower" site, which looks remarkably like this one.  
 And I bet that they have never ending arguments over Toro vs Honda vs whoever- and no definitive answer on what the best lawn mower is.  

Doncha love that late nite pondering stuff?

What's the best mower?

Mine:  8)  Check out the ultra cool flame pinstriping.

As fars as the best hot tub? Reading through this forum it's clear who the industry leader  is.  However, if you actually come out and say it, others seem to take it  personaly.  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 10:52:27 am »
I imagine the title of the forum is simply an invitation to come in, gather some information, ask questions, and then begin the process of determining which spa is the best for you.

Or, skip all the hassle and just click on the banner that's usually at the top of the page.... ;D

Terminator
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:53:32 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 11:01:04 am »
OK, this may be a silly question, but why is this site called "whats the best hot tub" when the overwhelming consensus is that there IS no best?

Because before people get here they truly belive there may be an agreed upon answer to that question so they're looking for the site that can give them the answer ASAP. Then after they get here they find it's not going to be a 20 minute internet exploration after all and they better sit up and pay attention.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:55:15 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 12:35:31 pm »
I agree....when googling information, a sentence like "what's the best hot tub" is likely to be typed in....which gets you here.....and US! Oh, boy! A deal at TWICE the price!!
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 12:41:56 pm »

Or, skip all the hassle and just click on the banner that's usually at the top of the page.... ;D

nine times out of ten I get a survey at the top of my page, so thats not too attractive.  :P It is interesting, though: There are adds here form the big guys, and also plenty of internet "factory direct" "closeout prices" adds that sound JUST like what you all advise us to stay away from! Good thing I'm not swayed by advertising.  ;)
Dance like nobody's watching

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 04:07:21 pm »
Drew Is that tractor from my favorite retailer? >:(
Support your dealer so they can support you!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 10:22:05 am »
Drew Is that tractor from my favorite retailer? >:(

Yup.  It's the super duper Bob Villa Signiture series...(ooooh,  ahhhhh.)   ::)

Custom flames and Ernhahrdt #3 curtosey of my lovely red neck wife.
 ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 10:22:49 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2006, 11:19:23 am »

nine times out of ten I get a survey at the top of my page, so thats not too attractive.  :P It is interesting, though: There are adds here form the big guys, and also plenty of internet "factory direct" "closeout prices" adds that sound JUST like what you all advise us to stay away from! Good thing I'm not swayed by advertising.  ;)

The purpose of this website, is to derive an income for the owner. This is done through PPC (pay per click) advertising.

The banner ads at the top of pages are served up by a third party advertising company, Mediaplex. The ads in the left column are served up by Yahoo and are based upon the words on the page. Anytime one of these ads are clicked on, the owner of this site gets paid............ anywhere from a penny up to maybe a quarter.

The link at the bottom of the page, "Click Here for the Best Spas Around", as I understand it, is a separate advertising contract this website has with Watkins.

This site is a part of the whats-the-best network, which included mattresses, lawn mowers, jetskis, digital cameras, toasters and more. The theory behind the name is that a lot of people looking for information on a specific product will type into a search engine, "whats the best "whatever", find this site, and hopefully click on an ad so the owner can make a few cents.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 12:18:03 pm »
OK, this may be a silly question, but why is this site called "whats the best hot tub" when the overwhelming consensus is that there IS no best? Is the name to be taken tongue-in-cheek, or is it just because that is the first question you know people will ask, even if it is not the right question?

Just a little late night pondering  ::)

Simple answer - The people that bring you this forum came up with the idea along with others such as Whatsthebest-collegfootballteam.com

And the people that use the forum have decided, with some merit that is no single best for every person like in a lot of products.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2006, 12:18:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42