What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: JetSpin Filter Cleaner  (Read 3039 times)

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
JetSpin Filter Cleaner
« on: March 13, 2006, 05:49:41 pm »
The idea is interesting...however, for $100, I would think that there must be a way that's simple and effective, even if it's not so "hands off"...I'm not squeamish about that, but I may not put the filters in the dishwasher....
http://www.spadepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MT1057&Category_Code=Accessories

maybe stuff a broom handle up the filter leaned against a fence or other support?
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

JetSpin Filter Cleaner
« on: March 13, 2006, 05:49:41 pm »

socal

• so it begins
Re: JetSpin Filter Cleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 06:01:00 pm »
i saw that thing at the aqua show in vegas. they had their demo model encased in plastic, which would be the way to go so the water wasnt flying all over the place. but for $100 you thing they could throw the box in???
Marquis dealer

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 07:12:17 am »
Didn't stuart invent this a while ago?

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 08:27:15 am »
The idea is interesting...however, for $100, I would think that there must be a way that's simple and effective, even if it's not so "hands off"...I'm not squeamish about that, but I may not put the filters in the dishwasher....
http://www.spadepot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MT1057&Category_Code=Accessories
maybe stuff a broom handle up the filter leaned against a fence or other support?

T-Lady,  This invention looks like more trouble than it's worth.  For $75 plus adult beverages & food, I'll fly over and clean your filters.

Here is what I do.  We have a spare set of filters.  When one set needs cleaned we put them in a plastic storage tub with a lid that we bought at Wally Wworld for $5.  We fill it with water to cover the filters and add 1/2 cup Clorox and let them sit overnight.  In the morning hose them down and let them dry thoroughly for a couple days.  Put them back in the dry tub and put the lid on and store them away until needed.  

We store ours in the attic.  We would use a shed like Term does but they seem to attract high winds when stored outdoors.  ;D
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 08:41:37 am »
Nice idea but waaaay overpriced.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 12:02:21 pm »
T-Lady,  This invention looks like more trouble than it's worth.  For $75 plus adult beverages & food, I'll fly over and clean your filters.

Here is what I do.  We have a spare set of filters.  When one set needs cleaned we put them in a plastic storage tub with a lid that we bought at Wally Wworld for $5.  We fill it with water to cover the filters and add 1/2 cup Clorox and let them sit overnight.  In the morning hose them down and let them dry thoroughly for a couple days.  Put them back in the dry tub and put the lid on and store them away until needed.  

We store ours in the attic.  We would use a shed like Term does but they seem to attract high winds when stored outdoors.  ;D

*LOL* Not bloody likely that I'd pay $75 OR $100 for that...I'd rather be a DIY type and soak 'em or spray 'em down with a power washer at 10 paces....
Speaking of sheds blowing over.....my old boss had one in his back yard that got knocked over by a small tornado (Yep, we have those sometimes)....before the insurance adjuster got there to assess the damages, he put some red and white striped socks underneath with red ruby slippers.... "Sorry the shed fell on your sister......." DOH!   :o
RIP C-Rod

JJ

• Vita Nuage
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 03:16:26 pm »
A few weeks ago I was rinsing my filters.  I had them sitting on an metal lawn chair to save my back, and was hosing them off.  One of them moved to the corner between the back and the arm, and started to spin like crazy from the force of the water hitting it on the side!!  It was very cool!!! Water was flying everywhere!!

Then it spun off the chair, went skittering across the driveway and hit the fence.  Then I was off to the dealer for a new filter.

I had something similar to this thing all designed in my mind before I got back home, although mine would have had spray nozzles on the inside.

For all of you expecting this story to have a point, sorry.

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 08:19:25 pm »
Didn't stuart invent this a while ago?

Naw,
Mine was much simpler and cheaper...

Stick a piece of pipe in the ground, put the filter on it and spray it with a nozzle while it spins. ;)

I do mix my own water though...2 parts H + 1 part O
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 08:21:26 pm by stuart »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 08:19:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42