What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Frog- King Technologies-REFILL  (Read 31661 times)

jsimo7

• luvin hot wet nights
Re: Spa Frog- King Technologies-REFILL
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2006, 09:28:10 am »
I was skeptical about the n2 cartridge also but tried it and did notice a difference. I use dichlor and ozone and now n2 with both and feel there is a difference. I feel like the difference is without the n2 my water is clear and with the n2 my water is crystal clear and sparkles. Maybe its my imagination but I think it helps

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2006, 09:28:10 am »

cappykat

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2006, 09:37:15 am »
I've still got 7 bromine and 1 mineral cartridges left, so until I use those I'm not going to change to dichlor.  The thing that sparked my interest was the "chemical bath" comment.  So I'll think about changing once my supplies are gone.

2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2006, 10:33:40 am »
Cappy, that comment worried me too...I don't know what is worse bathing with the Pseudomonas or stewing in chemicals. I just don't feel that you have a lot of control with the spa frog set up because, like we were saying, it injects bromine whenever the #1 pump runs  ???
Support your dealer so they can support you!

cappykat

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2006, 02:17:50 pm »
Yes, but even for those that use a floater...isn't bromine or whatever constantly being dispensed??  Geez...I just don't have it in me to change right now but dichlor may be the way to go--no floater just a teaspoon.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 02:18:26 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2006, 02:31:56 pm »
Cappy, if you take out the cartridge holder from the frog well (what ever the heckit is called) and watch OH BUT DON'T TURN ON THE PUMP ON HIGH!, you will see the water enters from the top of the well and exits at the bottom. when the cartridge is in the well, it will spin and bromine will be flushed out into the tub. Is that any different than a floater? I think it is because it is almost like just dumping bromine in the tub every time the pump goes on. I doubt that you get that much bromine with a floater. OK, Help somebody...does that make sense to anyone else? I am sure the settings could and probably should be tweeked for the amount of use the tub gets, it is just that no one at King has figured it out yet.  ..I think,,,, ::)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2006, 03:59:41 pm »
It seems like you get a lot more control with a floater.  I don't know anything about the in line system, but you open or close the floater to adjust your bromine level.

cappykat

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2006, 04:22:34 pm »
I know what you're saying...I've taken out the frog system and then had the pump come on and there's water everywhere.   :o

I think at issue is how fast the bromine in the cartridge dissolves.  I was surprised when I pried off the top to see there was still bromine in the thing when I've had that cartridge in for almost 5 weeks.  I opened the other used one I had and there was bromine in it also.  I combined the two and that's what I'm running off of now.

Tony makes a good point about the floater.  Open or close it...pretty simple.

I'm staying with the "program" for now 'cause my water seems to be in good shape.  I checked yesterday and my levels were all within normal range.  I just notice the spike in bromine after I shock then in 1-2 days it levels off.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 04:22:57 pm by cappykat »
2005 Marquis Epic

MarKee

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2006, 10:08:55 pm »
Granular chlorine is going to be way more potent than the stuff that comes out of the frog bromine cartridge.  If you have your cartridge set right, it is releasing just enough to sanitize the water and your water tests should show .5-1 PPM.  Most cities' public water don't have chlorine levels this low.   So if you want to call it a chemical bath, you must not have your settings right.  Here is the manual if you want to read up on it:

http://www.kingtechnology.com/pdf/Manual-SpaFrogInline.pdf

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2006, 10:16:12 am »
Thank you MarKee, the manual helps a lot. I have not been able to get that ideal bromine level and I think I may switch to the Taylor test to be sure my problem isn't from the test strips.  :-/

cappykat

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2006, 10:50:05 am »
Great...this helps me a lot also!!
2005 Marquis Epic

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2006, 03:56:45 pm »
Thanks to Markee for the King Technologies link - although the Frog system is built into my Marquis spa - the information on it in the owner's manual is limited.  I had no idea where the mineral cartridge was supposed to be set - now I do!

pratzert

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2006, 08:57:03 am »
I have an above ground pool that came with a KT cartridge chlorinator ( Called Aqua-Smarte ).  The disposable cartridges that are filled with nothing more than chlorine tablets costs 4 times as much as an equal amoutn of chlorine.

Swimming pool owners have been cutting open their containers and refilling them with new tablets/pucks for years.

If that did not work,  I would just eliminate their in-line cartridge and replace it with a "Rainbow" in-line chlorinator that is actually designed to be refilled.

Tim

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2006, 08:57:03 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42