What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydropool 638  (Read 5662 times)

Anthonym34

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hydropool 638
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:10:11 pm »
I am thinking about buying the hydropool 638.  Is this a good tub?  The price is around $10,000 with a stereo,  Good Price?  Any thougnhts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Hydropool 638
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:10:11 pm »

SurgTec

• Up to my neck in hot water!
Re: Hydropool 638
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 03:11:52 pm »
I can't comment on the Hydropool spa - that isn't a brand I 'researched' when I was looking for a spa.  What I can comment on - is the stereo.  

Think long and hard about paying for a sound system that will at best become outdated before your spa wears out!   I put in Bose outdoor speakers on my patio near my spa - and I get excellent sound from them.  

I bought a Marquis Quest spa and I absolutely love it - but there are lots of great spas and spa companies out there - as they say here, over and over - wet test, wet test, wet test!

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 03:16:50 pm »
Anthony, is it a silver, gold or platinum?

Is that figure $CDN, or $US?

Are there any options besides the stereo? Are steps, lifter and delivery included?

Homeworks Financing Representative

Anthonym34

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 03:53:28 pm »
The spa is platinum.  Includes steps and cover and delivery.  40 jets.  US Dollars

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 07:53:11 pm »
Hey, that's what I've got!  And I've had it for a whole month now.  Mine was $6,500 US cash, delivered and I'm in Oregon, quite a way from Mississauga, in the Toronto, Ontario, area.  Delivery was a bit of a pain as they had to get over a  4'-high retaining wall before getting to the backyard.  And gate clearance was less than an inch but they got it in without a problem.  

I did get the platinum edition with the 40 jets.  I went kind of basic, no stereo, no tv, no stereo, no blower.  One option I wish I'd known about is lights around the outside of tub.  They would have been nice if only for seeing my way to the tub as my deck is a bit dark.  Hydropool's website doesn't say anything about them that I can find.  My dealer found out about them when he got another dealer's tub mis-shipped to him with my shipment.
So far, I'm quite happy with it.  I have two housemates and we use it most every night.  The lounge is one thing I do like.  My old tub had one and I wanted one in the new one.  I find it makes me float but that I just stay in place, in "midwater" if you will.  

As for complaints, I have two.  Well, one now.  Thanks to HotTubMan, I took out the screws used in shipping to hold the pumps in place.  They created a bunch of resonance and noise through the deck.  Removing them made all the difference in the world.  I like sitting in the dark and I find the light from the controls to be a bit of a nuisance.  I'm going to get a piece of black plastic bar stock and rout it out to cover it with.

As for color, I got the black eclipse, a color available in the 2005 models but discontinued for 2006.  They had a few sheets left and I got lucky.  

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions.

Jim

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 07:53:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42