What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Fair price on 05 Vanguard  (Read 2991 times)

ofx

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Fair price on 05 Vanguard
« on: February 23, 2006, 01:14:30 am »
I'm new to the hot tub scene and went down to a local dealer today and dry tested some HotSpring tubs.  Before going back to wet test, we liked the HS Vanguard and the dealer had a floor model 05 with the gas lift, no Ozone for $7995 including delivery and install, but not electrical installation.  The other tub we were trying out was an '06 HS Sovereign which they wanted $7795 for with the non-gas lift.

How do those prices sound?  After reading through the posts I need to ask about things like the stairs, chemicals etc.  

Thanks!
Jeff

Hot Tub Forum

Fair price on 05 Vanguard
« on: February 23, 2006, 01:14:30 am »

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
Re: Fair price on 05 Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 08:36:13 am »
ofx, my guess is "depends what part of the country you're in." Here's why.....I'm buying an '06 Grandee, including durasteps, cover, glide rite cover lifter, GFCI box, cd style ozonator, nature2 plus chemicals to last a few months...might be more, but I forget....anyhow, "regular price" is $8199 + tax. Cash price INCLUDING tax is $8225.
I was quoted on the '06 Vanguard $7499 (or cash price $7124) including all the above. I don't have the number written down for the '06 Soverign, but I believe it was about $6999, give or take a couple hundred...
I'm in Wisconsin, about a half hour north of Milwaukee. I would imagine our prices would be lower than maybe California or New York, just like the houses and pretty much everything else....
Good luck on your search, may the force be with you. :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:37:34 am by Tatooed_Lady »
RIP C-Rod

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 08:52:29 am »
I'm new to the hot tub scene and went down to a local dealer today and dry tested some HotSpring tubs.  Before going back to wet test, we liked the HS Vanguard and the dealer had a floor model 05 with the gas lift, no Ozone for $7995 including delivery and install, but not electrical installation.  The other tub we were trying out was an '06 HS Sovereign which they wanted $7795 for with the non-gas lift.

How do those prices sound?  After reading through the posts I need to ask about things like the stairs, chemicals etc.  

Thanks!
Jeff

Jeff,

Based on what I've read in this forum, prices seem to vary by location and by dealer. But for what it's worth, here's a data point:  Last spring ('05) I was given a price of $8300 for an 05 Vanguard. (New, incl: Ozone, cover, lifter, (Not sure of make/model) steps,  a starter pack of chems and delivery). This was in Central MA.

I thought that ozone was included on all HS tubs? Guess not..,

As far as electrical goes,  I was also under the impression  HS tubs came with an outdoor box and the appropriate breakers. You may want to find out if that's included.

Actual electrical work (powering the box, running the wires and connect to the tub) should be done by a licensed electrician. I don't know of anyone, any brand that had the "Full" electrical supply and connection included in thier purchase. That is your responsibility. Some dealers may be able to recomend an electrician.

good luck and keep us updated on what you decide.

;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Chris_H

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 08:56:44 am »
Ozone is standard on all 2006 Hotspring Spas.

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:26:58 am »
and from what I understood with the HS page and dealer, I think the GFCI box is also standard equipment on the '06...maybe the '05, too, but I'd check with a dealer on here just to check... Hiring an electrician to hook up electric, however, is up to the customer.
RIP C-Rod

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 09:33:57 am »
Yes, that is a fair price, in my opinion.  It's less than what you would pay here in East Texas if we had any '05 Vanguards left.  The '06 Sovereign is also about $600 less than what we charge.

Sub-panel is included with all HotSpring 220V models and always has been.  Like others have stated, all 2006 models come with Freshwater III Ozonator as standard equipment.

Good luck with your shopping and may your experience be a pleasant one. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tatooed_Lady

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 09:43:54 am »
wow.....Good thing I live in Wisconsin, tubs are expensive in TX!
RIP C-Rod

ofx

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 01:58:17 am »
Thanks for everybody's input.  I'll going to check out a couple of other brands - specifically Caldera and then make a decision.  I'm very glad I bumped into this forum.

Hope to be soaking soon!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 01:58:17 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42