What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Beachcomber Extended Warranty  (Read 5637 times)

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
Beachcomber Extended Warranty
« on: February 10, 2006, 03:08:51 pm »
My Beachcomber tub came with the following guarantee when I bought it:

Lifetime Structural Guarantee
Five-Year Total Surface Guarantee
Two-Year Equipment Guarantee

I can purchase a Premium Guarantee that extends the 2 year equipment coverage to 5 years.   It costs $500.  Any opinions on weather it is worth it?  You can purchase this within the first 10 months of the sale.  The Premium Guarantee is through Beachcomber not a third party.

Hot Tub Forum

Beachcomber Extended Warranty
« on: February 10, 2006, 03:08:51 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Beachcomber Extended Warranty
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 03:35:19 pm »
Personally, I'm not a fan of extra cost warranties.
For the $500 that warranty costs, tuck in away somewhere and save it yourself in case you need any repairs during those few years.  In the event you don't need repairs, you'll have at least $500 to pocket.
If you do need repairs, you have the $500 to put towards it.  

I look at extended warranties as betting against yourself.  You're betting someone that your spa will break.  They are betting that it won't.  Wonder who has more inside information.  Us or the warranty companies?

Brewman

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 04:56:24 pm »
Brewman,

I agree with not buying extended warranties.  Just wondering if anyone had experience with Beachcomber tubs and could give me a little insight on the failure rates.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 08:48:43 pm »
There aren't any complaints of note about them on this board.  Same holds true for most of the other brands too.
Brewman

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 08:55:00 am »
Brewman,

I agree with not buying extended warranties.  Just wondering if anyone had experience with Beachcomber tubs and could give me a little insight on the failure rates.

Marks;

I have sold Beachcomber. The only brand specific concern I would hav within 5 years is the hush pump. Do you have one? If so, I am not neccessarily endorsing the 5 year, but watch the seal on it. At the first sign of a leak or calcification there, change the seal. Let it go a little too long, you won't get the wet-end off of the motor without smashing the wet end to bits. Let it go longer you replace the motor too.

I would advise anyone with a tun to look at their pumps seals each water change. A circ-pump seal has a higher chance of leaking by merit of its 24 hour operation.

Secondly, depending on the series (R#) of your waterway jets, they may be an issue. Pop one of each size out. Look at the back end. Is the plastic an opaque or translucent white? In the past through revisions they stamped R#'s, the newest revisions do not bear an R#. These are the newest and supposedly most durable.

If you are having trouble with jets popping out, or retainer clips breaking, take all of the jets in at 1 year 11 months and ask for new ones.

Homeworks Financing Representative

marks

• 2005 Beachcomber 580
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 11:54:25 am »
Hottubman,

I have a hush pump and my jets are opaque white.  The jets have a number but no R#.  The number is different on the different types of jets so it must indicate what kind it is.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 01:44:14 pm »
Hottubman,

I have a hush pump and my jets are opaque white.  The jets have a number but no R#.  The number is different on the different types of jets so it must indicate what kind it is.

Then I would say you should be well off with the jets. Just check them all before warranty is up.

As far as the hush pump, just watch that seal, not everyday, just whenever you pull the step back. After the warranty is gone, catching it early can save big.

I know you in the states, but in Canadian $, catching it early costs $10 (seal) and 1/2 hour labour (or do it yourself). Catch it late, you are replacing a $350 pump.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 01:44:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42