What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Calling all ozone aficionados!  (Read 2421 times)

Pisces

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Calling all ozone aficionados!
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:06:12 pm »
Does anyone know of an effective contact, mixing, chamber capable of fitting in the equipment compartment of a spa after a mazzei injector. I'm looking for something to use when retrofitting ozone on an older, non ozone equipped, spa with a 24 hour circ. pump. It would also have to be simpler and more effective than adding 10-12 feet of coiled vinyl tubing. I know Del makes their mixing and degas vessel that supposedly combines injection, mixing, and degassing, however, I'm concerned about the lack of contact time and the rapid saturation of the granular activated cartridge on the degas end of the system. I'm fond of the tried and true mazzei, and while there are plenty of contact vessels available for large scale systems I'm not aware of the availability of anything spa size. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Calling all ozone aficionados!
« on: February 01, 2006, 03:06:12 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Calling all ozone aficionados!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:23:33 pm »
Fish man (person?)
I have set up several tubs with the simple coil of tubing with very good results. In fact, I had one customer who installed an ozone system on an older HS tub and it proceeded to burn the underside of his cover. I cut him a length of 'spa flex' tubing, which is shcedule 40 PVC and has a gentle spiral built in. We put the coil into the motor compartment, plumbed it from the heater output to the wall fitting where the water returned to the tub, and it worked much better. The water was noticably more clear, and when he put a new cover on the tub a few months later, it did not burn it as it had previously.

I think we ran 1/2" tubing - if I remember correctly - with 3/4" I think the flow slowed down and the bubles began to clump and gurgle.

It won't cost you much for a bit of this tubing - ten feet is usually enough - and if it doesn't do what you want, it is very easy to pull it out and try something else.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 03:58:47 pm »
Pisces,

You said >It would also have to be simpler and more effective than adding 10-12 feet of coiled vinyl tubing.<

I don't think there is any way to do that.  Try it, you'll like it.

Bill
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 03:59:06 pm by Bill_Stevenson »

Pisces

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 11:36:34 am »
Thanks Chas for your informative reply, and Bill for your input as well.

cflrules

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 05:23:30 pm »
Arctic spas has a stainless steal mixing chamber that they use for thier Peak Ozone system. If you can take a look at that.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 05:23:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42