What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First Time Buyer Sugestions  (Read 7647 times)

alwaysperky

• Hail the flashlight king!
Re: First Time Buyer Sugestions
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 03:31:43 pm »
I've got the Optima.  The foot jets are awesome along with the volcano for feet, hamstrings and if flip over you can get to those elusive knees and quadracepts. :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 03:32:15 pm by alwaysperky »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 03:31:43 pm »

Cola

• Time for bed kids
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 04:11:31 pm »
The Epic is great.  Ruby is right on the money, my exact thoughts (like an out of body experience).  Spinner jets are not standard but you can get your rep to give you a set as the deal clincher I'm sure (get 5 if possible).  The filtration is awesome, water is always crystal clear.  

The botom line is...
Find out what fits you best
Many people want you to buy what they did.
It helps to justify their purchase as the right one.
Well I can admit that I screwed up

The Epic is great
The dealer pisses me off, Mr. we are all about service.
I would report him but if they drop him, he will sell Cal and then screw people even more.
He was honest about the quality of the tub.
His mind is not on helping me after that sale though.
Still waiting for a price on a set of spinner jets.
My wife has decided that she doesn't feel like tubbing
I should have bought new (useless) bedroom furniture and taken her on vacation or something like that.

Oh well, I like the tub.
My kids do too.
4 out of 5 ain't bad
Steve

MarKee

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 12:43:50 am »
You will love the Epic.  The Reward used to be the flagship model before the Epic came out, it was a good tub at the time, but when you try the Epic you will know there is no comparison.  Depending on how tall you are, the adirondack seat may fit you, but typically it's more for the ladies.  The deep therapy seat on the other left side of the spa is my absolute favorite seat in any of the Marquis lines.  I'm about 5'11" and it fits like it was molded to my body.  The biggest difference you will notice in jets between a Marquis and other spas are the HK40s.  They have the capability of doing 40 gallons per minute and they are high flow, not high pressure, so you get deep tissue massage, not the itchy stinging feeling on your skin.  Let us know how it goes.  
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 12:44:46 am by Hideaway_King »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 10:23:13 am »
 The Sundance Optima & Bahia had the foot pad dome with the volcano jet.  So far, this had the best jet action around my ankles due to the volcano.  Any suggestions?

Interesting reading as I've always found the volcano jets to be worthless, for me at least. Good to read they are good for somebody.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 12:29:50 pm »

Interesting reading as I've always found the volcano jets to be worthless, for me at least. Good to read they are good for somebody.  

Bill, I feel the same way but others have said that they really get something out of the volcano jet.  I'm going to try what alwaysperky said.

I wish that my volcano jet was mounted sideways to give a whirlpool action. It does move a lot of water and I did want a tub that had a whirlpool action. I know the Emerald tub that I was looking at had 2 (I think) such jets. I guess everything has a trade off!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 12:30:50 pm by Vinny »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2006, 05:03:57 pm »
My spa doesn't have any volcano jets but it does have two whirlpool jets and boy do they move water.

spahopeful

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2006, 10:28:52 pm »
THANKS for all your responses.  I tried the Epic and am leaning towards buying it.  It had several good positions for the feet and knees.  I was interested in the comments about adding spinner jets.  If the spinner jets are so great, why didn't Marquis add them to their spas?  

I also tried the Bahia and Optima spas with the footdome.  Do others feel these get in the way?

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 07:57:33 am »
No way does the footdome get in the way.  Just the opposite.  It is one of the reasons I bought the Optima.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2006, 07:57:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42