What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I have a cold  (Read 6120 times)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: I have a cold
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 02:45:59 pm »
The old timers woudl always tell me to get a fifth of Ginger brandy, squeeze  1 whole lemon in it . Drink.  They'd claim it would sweat the cold out of you.  

I admit I did try this one time when I had a nasty cold. When I  finnally awoke...I did feel better. However, I couldn't imagine drinking that much and be in a hot tub with a head cold. I'd be passed out on the bottom of the tub.  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 02:45:59 pm »

wrobo

• Go Buckeyes !!!
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 09:17:30 am »
FWIW,

When I had a NASTY sinus infection last year, the Doctor actually told me to get into the spa (with some Eucalyptus) and that would help to loosen up some of the congestion.

I questioned going in with a fever - 101.  He stated that the water temp at 101 would not drive it up - so not to worry.

AS with all things - follow your own doctor's advice.  BTW - it made me feel better.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 04:11:52 pm »
I suggest a nice hot soak and Drambuie straight up....12 yr. old Scotch mixed with heather honey.....great combination for both the throat and head.....and after a few, you could care less about the cold!  More effective than Nyquil and tastes a helluva lot better! 8)

Can't wait to get my next cold, heck why wait.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 04:11:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42