What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Palm Springs, Term sighting..  (Read 4621 times)

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Palm Springs, Term sighting..
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:47:54 pm »
Flew back last night from Palm Springs sunny 75 to Philly cold and snowing. There was about 400 people there for the Watkins annual conferance. Spotted among them was a big guy with a hearty laugh, saying "hay y'all", with the sun reflecting off his bald head, it could only be our good Texas friend Term. Though our time was filled with a busy schedule of classes, speakers and meetings we did discover we shared a liking for Glenfiddich in copius amounts. When I left, Term was busy taking photo's to share with you all on his return, I believe he is back to work on Tuesday.

Hot Tub Forum

Palm Springs, Term sighting..
« on: January 15, 2006, 02:47:54 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Palm Springs, Term sighting..
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 08:03:14 pm »
Hey Guzz!  I'm glad you made it home OK!

I'm sitting in the Admiral's Club at DFW Airport right now drinking Shiner Bock (thank the Lord, I've missed it) waiting for an 8:30 flight home.

It was a blast getting to meet you and what a great week in general.  Can't wait to get back to work!

I'll holler at you later.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 08:08:49 pm »
Hey Guzz!  I'm glad you made it home OK!

I'm sitting in the Admiral's Club at DFW Airport right now drinking Shiner Bock (thank the Lord, I've missed it) waiting for an 8:30 flight home.

It was a blast getting to meet you and what a great week in general.  Can't wait to get back to work!

I'll holler at you later.

Terminator

We'll need specifics and pictures.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 08:22:33 pm »

We'll need specifics and pictures.

Sorry Amigo, my camera's in my checked bag.  All I'm carrying is a shopping bag with T-Shirts, caps, a package of rattlesnake eggs, and a "Grow Your Own Joshua Tree" kit so that I'll have something in my yard besides pine trees, fire ants, and dog squat!

Terminator

Joe_Sexton

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 09:08:44 pm »
I've been reading the postings here for several weeks. Your reference to the Watkins meeting peaked my interest. I am in process of becoming a Caldera dealer in my area. Of course, Watkins is the manufacturer of this and the Hot Spring line of hot tubs.

I am particularly interested in knowing, from your experience, what makes your customers want a hot tub? In other words, do people buy primarily for the pleasurable experience? Is it therapy? Is it the fun?

How about the sales drivers? Does price drive your sales? Or is it service? Or, is it something else?

Brookenstein

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 09:42:53 pm »
Hey... I was so hoping to see you when you were out here.  Sorry it didn't work.   :'(  Next time I guess.  Glad you had a nice visit.

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 10:27:10 am »
I am particularly interested in knowing, from your experience, what makes your customers want a hot tub? In other words, do people buy primarily for the pleasurable experience? Is it therapy? Is it the fun?

How about the sales drivers? Does price drive your sales? Or is it service? Or, is it something else?

All of the above, if you look through some old posts on here that will become apparent. People want a spa that is right for them, size and seating style is a factor, # and type of jets,  something that is reliable & easy to maintain, a dealer & manufacturer that will stand behind the product. Although price is a factor it is normally low down on the list of factors for most customers, surprisingly.

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 11:42:18 am »
hey term, sorry i didnt get in touch with you. ended up being a busy week. you know those joshua trees are a "protected" tree? another little fact about them..... seems taranchulas (sorry for the spelling) love to breed in their roots. just thought ya'd like to know!
Marquis dealer

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 02:15:40 pm »
Joe Sexton, in regards to your questions, it's a tough call.

I've stated on this forum that the majority of MY customers are 40 and over and the primary needs for them are definitely therapeutic in nature.  There is a smaller demographic that wants a "party spa" but they tend to be younger and are more likely to pursue the high-jet count, TV, DVD, low-priced spa that some of the assembled spa companies cater to.

I whole-heartedly agree with Guzz as far as the price-factor coming into play.  There are many, many spa owners on this forum that own very expensive spas and most of them probably aren't considered to be wealthy.  It is more of a value-related perspective that drives the success of the top spa companies and keeps them at the top year after year.

I believe Caldera is having their dealer meeting next week.  Are you attending?

Terminator

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 02:21:43 pm »
I think many company's will market the spa in a big party like atmosphere .....but people find out after owning them ....that it is the therapy, relaxation, the time away from things they most enjoy....that a spa become like a perosnal retreat from the day so to speak....

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 02:41:43 pm »

Guess which "gentleman" is our friend Guzz....

Terminator

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 04:24:11 pm »
Is that some kind of curse you're putting on Guzz?

Terminator

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 05:28:20 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 04:42:25 pm »
I was flashing the "Hook em Horns" sign while Guzz is obviously a Texas A&M fan as he was flashing the "Gig 'em Aggies" sign.

Terminator

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 04:56:31 pm »

Terminator

Term,

Hopefully you're not Italian, otherwise Guzz is in trouble! That'll get you sleeping with the fishes if you're not careful.

Guzz,

Since you live around Philly, get youself to an Italian neighborhood and get yourself a Italian horn!!

People shouldn't mess with things they don't know about! :(

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 05:05:07 pm »
I'm not Italian, I'm Texan, and I sure didn't mean to put some kind of hex on Guzz.  Although the University of Texas did indeed put one on the USC Trojans, in no way, shape, or form did I intend to get Guzz rubbed out.

Mama mia!

Terminator
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 05:05:34 pm by East_TX_Spa »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 05:05:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42