What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ozonator not working????  (Read 2747 times)

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Ozonator not working????
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:21:45 pm »
Opened up the cover on my Artesian Emerald and noticed huge bubbles coming out of ozone hole instead of the small ones as normal.    Now--nothing.  Circulation pump is still working but not one bubble coming out of it.   I will be calling dealer in the morning as this is 6 months old and i would assume under warranty.   But in the meantime is there anything else i can do to check the ozonator????????????

Hot Tub Forum

Ozonator not working????
« on: January 16, 2006, 07:21:45 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Ozonator not working????
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:38:35 am »
Ozonators have at least one check valve in the inline tubing between the injector and the oznator itself.  Pull it apart and blow through it to see if it has failed.  You should be able to blow only one way.  There is not much to these check valves and when they fail ozone and bubbles will stop.  It is an easy check and an easy fix so a good first step.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 10:48:51 am »
Ozonators have at least one check valve in the inline tubing between the injector and the oznator itself.  Pull it apart and blow through it to see if it has failed.  You should be able to blow only one way.  There is not much to these check valves and when they fail ozone and bubbles will stop.  It is an easy check and an easy fix so a good first step.

There can be a nasty acid in that line so I hesitate to advice this but I'd do the same myself. HOWEVER, make sure you blow on the ozonator end rather than sucking on the opposite end. Both would give the same result relative to verifyification of the check valve but sucking could really suck in this case.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

vwbuff

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 11:38:59 am »
Thanks guys.  Wife said she saw the elittle bubbles today and I looked just now and they are there.  Not quite sure what happened but I will keep an eye.  Perhaps it could have been all associated with the dirty filter(oops).   Is there such a thing that the ozone line could be plugged and then just unplug itself.   Also, I can still the hint of the ozone light coming thru the bottom of entrance panel.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 12:07:26 pm »
Thanks guys.  Wife said she saw the elittle bubbles today and I looked just now and they are there.  

The check valves can be stubborn to reopen sometimes after a drain/refill.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

jetster

• Bublin Jetsetter
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 12:55:31 pm »
I had basically the same thing, my injector was clogged, cleared it with a small wire.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 12:55:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42