What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Finally get to start serious tub shopping!  (Read 2043 times)

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
Finally get to start serious tub shopping!
« on: January 13, 2006, 02:39:37 pm »
Hi all!  I'm sure no one remembers me, but I made a brief appearance here some time back.  I had just started researching and hadn't even gotten to visit any dealerships yet.  Well, long story short, an unexpected surgery set me back...missed 9 weeks of work...even with good health insurance, it took a chunk of my tub money >:(.  But, on the bright side...DH and I are now ready to start really shopping ;D.  We are in a small rural community in the Texas Panhandle, so will be shopping in Amarillo, two hours away.  We will get to do some looking on the 23rd, when I have a follow-up doctor appt.  

It looks like the brands we will have available to choose from are Hot Springs, Caldera, Dimension 1, Jacuzzi, Coleman, Baja, and Sundance.  One of my coworkers purchased a HS Jetsetter from the HS dealership and has been very pleased with the dealer and the service.  At first, I thought we would go with a smaller three person tub, but the more we have talked about it, we think we want to go with a 4-5 person size.  My DH is 6'4", we don't want to feel crowded.  The main purpose of this purchase for us is therapy....I have a lot stress at my work, lots of time in front of a computer...so all the upper back & neck aches and pains for me.  DH owns his own glass & garage door dealership, and he has a lot of lower body aches and pains.  I also think I would enjoy a lounge seat.  If we end up going with HS, I was thinking the Envoy would be a good model for us.  

If anyone would like to make any recommendations, or give me any warnings, etc...on any of the brands mentioned, or point me toward which models I may want to consider the most based on what we are looking for, I would love to hear them!  I was also hoping not to go over $9,000.00.  That may eliminate some brands.  Is that a reasonable expectation for what we are looking for, or will I need to expect to raise that budget a bit.  We have a significant amount for the down payment, and financing the rest will not be a problem.  

I look forward to reporting the results of our first shopping trip...I don't know how many we will have time to visit that day, and there definitely won't be a chance for any wet testing, but at least we will be "getting our feet wet"...so to speak ;).

Thanks!  I will be spending lots of time over the next few days reading, reading, reading through the pages and pages of posts here.

Randi
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 02:57:07 pm by wannaspa »
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Hot Tub Forum

Finally get to start serious tub shopping!
« on: January 13, 2006, 02:39:37 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Finally get to start serious tub shopping!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 04:28:27 pm »
Your list of spas certaily has some good makers and I know you may not want to wet test everything you're considering but with your husbands height I would definteily recommend a wet test of any spa that you think is THE ONE, especially if it has a lounge. Your budget will get you a nice spa but make sure you account for electrical work and a cover lifter (pretty much a must in my book) if there is a drop dead budget to stay within.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

luvmytub

• Just a completely ingnorant newbie owner, 05 Envoy
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 05:58:33 pm »
Yes, I do think we will need to wet test...just won't have time on the 23rd.   Hopefully the trip on the 23rd will give us a chance to narrow down our choices among the options we have.  I'm disappointed that I can't find a Marquis dealer closer than about 4 hours away, as I would really like to check them out, too.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me which models do have a lounger big enough for 6'4"?  The lounge seat will mostly be used by me, I'm sure, and I'm only 5'5", so if DH won't fit in the lounger, that probably won't be big deal.  Not only will I have to figure in electrical, but I'm sure I will also have to pay extra for delivery, since it's a two hour trip.  

I can't wait to go shopping!
Go Bobby Labonte!  #43...Let's go racin'!

Brookenstein

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 06:04:26 pm »
I have an Envoy and love it so far.  My husband is 6' and I'm 5'.  It fits us both pretty well and is our favorite seat.  I am too short for the foot jets to be effective, but I just use another seat to get the feet and let him have a turn with the lounger.

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:36:38 am »
Hey Wannaspa,

Welcome back!  I almost stopped into a couple of stores while I was running around Amarillo with my sister over New Year's weekend!  Part of my family live in Fritch, and going to Amarillo to shop is the only thing to do!  LOL!  Good luck.  It sounds like you are looking at great manufacturers and are doing your homework!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 08:36:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42