What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A Hot Tub- House Warming Gift. Very Cool.  (Read 3703 times)

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
A Hot Tub- House Warming Gift. Very Cool.
« on: January 06, 2006, 08:32:30 pm »
Two weeks ago, I had a customer purchase a new Artesian Piper Glen. When she purchased the spa, she informed me, she had a 6 year old Hydro spa and that she was thinking about offering to someone in her family. She asked if I would deliver it for her, I said no problem. She sent out an e-mail to her brother and some of her cousins, asking if anyone wanted her old spa, to let her know. Well, her cousin e-mailed back in about 2 minutes, she wanted the spa. My customer, told her cousin it was hers. 2 days later her brother returned home from a business trip and decided to check his email. He was so excited, since they just moved into a new house and how awesome it would be to get a free spa, so he e-mailed his sister, that he would take the spa. What to do now? My customer calls me and explains the dilemma. She decides to purchase a new spa for her brother, as a surpise house warming gift for the new house. Is that cool or what? We delivered the New Piper to her house, a used spa to the cousin and a new spa to her brother, all in the same day. I wish you could have seen their faces, when I pulled up to the house, as a surpise, with their new hot tub. All of this pulled off during the week leading up to the Holiday. Everyone was in Hot Water, for the Holiday. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

A Hot Tub- House Warming Gift. Very Cool.
« on: January 06, 2006, 08:32:30 pm »

socal

• so it begins
Re: A Hot Tub- House Warming Gift. Very Cool.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 08:35:33 pm »
wtg dave. nice you could pull it off so they all could enjoy their tubs for the holiday
Marquis dealer

J._McD

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2006, 08:37:59 pm »
Wow, that is really cool.  Can I have her e-mail address, LOL. ;)

I know we all wish we could do things like that, but we must deal with reality and priorities.  Lot's of money would help too. ;)

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 08:39:22 pm »
Wow, that is really cool.  Can I have her e-mail address, LOL. ;)

I know we all wish we could do things like that, but we must deal with reality and priorities.  Lot's of money would help too. ;)

aint that the truth!
Marquis dealer

NJDave

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2006, 08:40:40 pm »
socal,
It took some rushing around to get it done at such a last minute notice, but it was worth it in the end. Every year, there seems to be a last minute Christmas shopper, looking for a Spa, delivered on Christmas Eve. I have got to buy those big red ribbons, that Lexus puts on cars, for Christmas deliveries. Dave.

NJDave

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2006, 08:46:22 pm »
Cool sister hah.
I'm sure you would all like her to adopt you. She is a really nice lady. She felt bad when her brother wanted the spa. So, he got his spa, a brand new one. He made out better than cuz, who ended up with the used spa. A free used spa  is good too. Everyone is soakin in their tubs. Dave.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 09:12:10 pm »
Great story!

cappykat

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2006, 09:20:16 pm »
Wow...that is a very cool story!  Must be a great family!
2005 Marquis Epic

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2006, 06:30:06 am »

Forget the reality and prioritys. If I had lots of money it would be easy. But we have to ask ourselfs if we are that generous with our selfs. Because if we are not then having money to throw around would no matter.
Retired

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2006, 12:01:52 pm »
Cousin got the shaft! ;D

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 01:37:03 pm »
Hey NJDave,

My sister called and asked me how I liked my new Piper Glen. You delivered that tub to the wrong place and she is upset ... PM me so I can give you the directions to MY house! ;D

Vinny

NJDave

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 02:07:50 pm »
Hey Cousin Vinny,
Oh I'm sorry, you were the brother. Did my delivery guys mix up which spa went to which house. Well, hey you ended up with the Piper. I will say she did not buy her brother a Piper Glen, then she really would be the best sister ever. Its funny though, a local pool company once sent their guys to the wrong address and they started digging the backyard of the wrong house. The people came home to a 8' deep hole in their yard, measuring 16'x32'. Thankgod, they did not tear up any underground sprinklers, cable or electric. Just  an expensive landscaping bill. Never a dull moment here in New Jersey.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2006, 02:30:19 pm »
My furnace guy told me a story about a house they HAD to go to because the homeowners converted their oil heat to natural gas and didn't remove the outside recepticle ... he was doing a basement oil recovery job. he also told me that the stink was unbearable!

I wouldn't want to be in that homeowner's shoes.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2006, 05:31:56 pm »
Vinny, I think that made the news. I remember, unless it has happened more than once!
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 06:34:52 pm »
I think it did happen more than once. I grew up in NYC and heard about it in the 70's but this was the first one that I had an"eye witness? to verify the story.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2006, 06:34:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42