What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Calspa (opinions)  (Read 3293 times)

Pathfinder

Calspa (opinions)
« on: January 04, 2006, 03:07:15 pm »
Just to get some feedback good or bad on Calspa the company and Calspa the product.
A rep did his presentation for us today  It all sounds good on paper  but I need some actual opinons. Dealers, owners or previous of both

All the best to everyone in 06!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Calspa (opinions)
« on: January 04, 2006, 03:07:15 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Calspa (opinions)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 05:12:44 pm »
Just to get some feedback good or bad on Calspa the company and Calspa the product.
A rep did his presentation for us today  It all sounds good on paper  but I need some actual opinons. Dealers, owners or previous of both

All the best to everyone in 06!!!

A rep? Was this a sales presentation at your house, or a Cal Dealership?  I have a friend with a 4 year old Cal Spa, he is still happy. Here in Columbus, Ohio Cal is sold by a respected dealership who also sells and supports Cal and Hot Springs.  There is one Cal user who watches for any thread  related to Cal, he will be along to tell you how bad they are.  We do have a couple fo Cal dealers here who will be happy to answer any questions.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Pathfinder

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 05:41:30 pm »
he was rep for a buying group we are looking at joining for our pool division  they have the exclusive for calspa in Canada  my company is considering either Jacuzzi,Calspa,or Hotsprings to carry in the upcoming months

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 05:54:46 pm »
We have had our Cal Spa for about 3.5 months and we are extremely happy with the unit. Our dealer has been very helpful and understanding with our many questions, and concerns on upkeep. I would, and have, recommended CalSpas to friends and family.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 05:55:22 pm by TMJ »

Pathfinder

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 05:57:41 pm »
so you bought your tub from a SIMA dealer then... what model did you buy?

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 07:56:43 am »
We went with the Atlantic.

hymbaw

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 11:03:08 am »
Jacuzzi, Calspa, or Hot Spring............Which of these doesn't belong?!
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Pathfinder

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 01:34:58 pm »
hymbaw, whats your direct relation with calspa  are you a scorned dealer, salesperson, former owner or just a sheep who likes to agree with the majority.   Ive been doing some homework and yes there is a lot of neagtive stuff being said
but also if you look further these negatives mostly are caused
by poor dealerships and fly by night dealers. But as with any company that mass produces products you will find issues and only people with grudges post at different sites not customers who are too busy enjoying there product im sure the happy outweigh the unhappy in any hot tub product.

I know for a fact Jacuzzi and Hot Springs have issues their
tubs they have addressed them and are active fixing them now im just waiting on Calspa to disclose their issues and remedies then our company will make a descision of who we carry

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 01:55:48 pm »
The multitude of issues I've seen with Cal Saps mostly relate back to the manufacturer. I know some try to blame these issues on other dealers but that's the kind of CYA I'd expect. My opinion of why Jacuzzi and Hot Springs (and others) are better options are because they back their dealers better who can in turn take care of teh customer properly. They too certainly can have their issues with their prodcut but they seem more willing to take responsibility as a manufacturer and I see far fewer customers complaining that they've been left high and dry. Sure it helps greatly to have a good dealer but if the dealer's hands are tied they can only do so much.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Pathfinder

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 02:29:39 pm »
very true  and that is the reason we are waiting to see if they will disclose to us any information on problems
Up here in Canada Cal spa is carried by a national buying group  some group members have stated problems but they were ressolved by the head office of the group which took up their issue with Calspa.

I guess large buying groups have more sway with manufacturers than independant dealers  which really isnt too fair

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 04:26:50 pm »
I guess large buying groups have more sway with manufacturers than independant dealers  which really isnt too fair

I'd certainly agree on that but fair takes a back seat to necessity sometimes. Out of curiousity, are all 3 coming to the table with pretty much the same deal and you just need to decide which way to go or is one of them sweetening the pot a bit more?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 04:54:06 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Pathfinder

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2006, 04:57:37 pm »
Until the meeting I had with the group and further phone calls and emails over the past few days it was almost case closed   I guess when a group collectively bought in excess 5000 spas last year  as I am told I would believe that Canadian consumers dont have to worry about the  warranty issues as people do in the states.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2006, 05:15:22 pm »
Until the meeting I had with the group and further phone calls and emails over the past few days it was almost case closed   I guess when a group collectively bought in excess 5000 spas last year  as I am told I would believe that Canadian consumers dont have to worry about the  warranty issues as people do in the states.

I'm not sure how to interpret your first statement.  

I'm not sure the consumers in the states love to hear that their Northern neighbors may have more pull but I understand your point. I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how it goes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 06:33:03 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Pathfinder

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 05:53:33 pm »
the company was leaning more one way then the other but we can still carry 2 lines if we choose then decide to go down to one if there is  a clear public favorite its all about who is the best potential fit for our company

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2006, 05:53:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42