What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leisure Bay  (Read 15953 times)

kdt

Leisure Bay
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:06:37 am »
Is anyone familiar with Leisure Bay spas?  I have found very few reviews/opinions online and am wondering why.  I have started looking at purchasing a spa for the first time ever and went to a store here in SC called REC Warehouse (must be a co. in the southeast) and they sell Leisure Bay and Caldera spas.  Leisure Bay seems to be $2-6K less for similar-looking models from a company like Hot Springs and being that my spa knowledge is next to zero, I thought I'd check online to see what others thought.  However, I can't find anything!  Y'all seem to be the most knowledgeable and helpful people out there so... anyone have any info?  It would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

Leisure Bay
« on: January 03, 2006, 09:06:37 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Leisure Bay
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 11:13:41 am »
Is anyone familiar with Leisure Bay spas?  I have found very few reviews/opinions online and am wondering why.  I have started looking at purchasing a spa for the first time ever and went to a store here in SC called REC Warehouse (must be a co. in the southeast) and they sell Leisure Bay and Caldera spas.  Leisure Bay seems to be $2-6K less for similar-looking models from a company like Hot Springs and being that my spa knowledge is next to zero, I thought I'd check online to see what others thought.  However, I can't find anything!  Y'all seem to be the most knowledgeable and helpful people out there so... anyone have any info?  It would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Kdt,

Welcome to the forum.  There has indeed been some discusion on this forum about Leisure bay spas.  For the most part, many of the dealers here belive they are a lower quality tub than your major brands that are  predomiently discussed here.

You should use the search feature to look for Leisure bay spas. (located across the top pf the page in gold font.)  In order to ensure you find what you are looking for, change the "max age" feature on the search page, and set it for seveal thousands days.

Also, increase the nuber of posts to display, and you find many opinons about Rec Warehouse and these tubs.

I would also recomend searching for older threads that discuss buying a new tub and what to look for. This should help you understand the features and differences between the tubs and help you to be an educated consumer.  Purchase and decide from a position of understanding what you are (and are not) getting.

Once you get a good understanding on what you are looking at,  and have a better understanding of tubs, take a look at the leisure tubs as well as taking a look at the other "more expsensive" tubs and do a comparision out of knoweldge.  

Don't  buy any tub without wet testing, and comparing it to other tubs :)  And of course, please post some of your questions and observations here, as we love to fight about "who has the best hot tub?"  

8)  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 11:14:45 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 12:12:09 pm »
When we first started looking we went to Rec Warehouse in Orlando, FL.  We were ready to pay $8500 for a Leisure Bay.  I will say it had all the bells/whistles...waterfalls, lights, stereo, everything.  We wet tested and thought it was a nice spa.

Then I found this forum and many felt it was an inferior brand.  I didn't know who the major players were but I found out on this forum.  

We bought a Marquis Epic and got a GREAT price on it.  They have gone up in price considerably since we bought our in April 05.  I've also talked with someone who owns a Leisure Bay and thinks it's a great spa.  

I would just say that there are other brands with higher quality possibly in the same price range.  HotSprings, Marquis, Sundance, and many others.  They have hot-tubs in a lower price point comparable to Leisure Bay and they have name recognition and quality behind them.

My advice is to look at a lot of hot-tubs and wet test!!  IMO you simply have to wet test.  You'll find what's right for you.
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 12:57:40 pm »
Check out the forum at Dr. Spa's site (google it) as I know someone just posted about Liesure Bay the last few days.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

kdt

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 02:08:23 pm »
Thanks to everyone for your advice!  This site is a great resource, especially now that I know how to search properly (thanks Drewstar  :))!  I am sure I will be back with other questions.  Wet testing is a definite, especially because there is about a foot height difference between me and my husband (I am 5'2") and I tend to float easily.  A couple of salespeople have mentioned "booster seats" - is that really a practical option or commonly used item?

Again, thanks!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 02:16:07 pm »
 A couple of salespeople have mentioned "booster seats" - is that really a practical option or commonly used item?

Again, thanks!

Actually, the booster seats do work well for some people.  Just be sure to add sand, water, gravel, marbles, etc to it and not air.  Have had a few folks over the years return their booster seat because it kept floating.  Gotta use your head. :)

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 05:35:49 pm »
Kdt,

Leisure Bay is a house brand for Rec Warehouse.  Caldera is their premium spa line, with Leisure Bay being more of a price leader line.  I bought a Caldera from Rec Warehouse here in West Palm Beach, FL and felt that they treated me fairly and in the time I dealt with them they seemed to have satisfied customers.  Mind you they did not claim the Leisure
Bay was anything other than a popularly priced, lower grade spa.  I think most of the participants in this forum are oriented to higher end, better spas.  

If you go back to Rec Warehouse and wet tested a Caldera and then a Leisure Bay back to back, you would notice an immediate difference.  Again, the salesman at Rec Warehouse actually pointed out the differences to me and demonstrated them as well.  He also did not knock the competition.  

Regards,

Bill

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 11:21:03 pm »
Leisure Bay Spas and Rec Warehouse are one and the same. LB owns Rec Warehouse. Most of the Leisure Bay Spas in this country are sold at their factory owned Rec Warehouse stores, throughout the Southeast. They do have some dealers in other parts of the country, but not to the extent of other manufacturers. Dave.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 11:21:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42