What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Grandee reduced flow?  (Read 3293 times)

Crash

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Grandee reduced flow?
« on: December 29, 2005, 12:14:02 pm »
I stumbled upon this site and have learned a lot.  Thanks.  Now I need a little help; please.  I have a HS Grandee with the tri-x filters.  The tub seems to have reduced flow/pressure since new.  The reason I say this is; if you don’t keep the diverter valve to full pressure on the moto-massage and you lean back against the seat the up and down motion will stop/get very slow and not travel the full range.  The Tub was delivered Oct. 3rd.  I have cleaned the filters once by spraying with a garden hose and once in the dishwasher.  I bought some of the Spaguard cleaner and degreaser but the dealer wasn’t sure if I can use it on the tri-x filters.  Do you guys and gals think the filters are plugged a bit or is there something else going on?

Hot Tub Forum

Grandee reduced flow?
« on: December 29, 2005, 12:14:02 pm »

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
Re: Grandee reduced flow?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 02:40:19 pm »
Make sure the comfort control lever is fully open for that jet. If that does'nt fix it call the dealer.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 03:51:55 pm »
Crash, I use Spaguard Filter Cleaner on the Tri-X filters at my store and it does a thorough job.  I second Guzz's opinion.  Good luck and keep us updated.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 04:20:56 pm »
Term,
How do you rinse the cleaner from the Tri-X filters?  I can never seem to get them rinsed enough so that they don't create foam when I reinstall them.  I even put them in the dishwasher after rinsing them for what I though was forever and the dishwasher filled with foam.

Thanks

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 04:24:08 pm »
Term,
How do you rinse the cleaner from the Tri-X filters?  I can never seem to get them rinsed enough so that they don't create foam when I reinstall them.  I even put them in the dishwasher after rinsing them for what I though was forever and the dishwasher filled with foam.

Thanks

I have one of these fancy Spin n Free doodads that is like a daisy wheel.  The force of the water from the spray nozzle gets that rascal spinning around like an armadillo that got clipped by a Corvette and the centrifugal force slings debris outwardly from the filter.  It seems to do the trick.

Look at that sucker go!

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 04:35:44 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Anoroc

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 05:16:00 pm »
Term, very interesting contraption.  Maybee I can rig one up.

Mr._Bubbles

• Tiger River Bengal-HP
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 07:24:00 pm »
Nice, I want one!
It's all about da bubbles!

Crash

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 01:07:01 pm »
Thanks all.  Valves are fully open.  I'll try cleaning the filters.  If that dosen't fix it I'll make the call

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 01:07:01 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42