What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Psuedonomas...Arrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 8679 times)

dsommerl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Psuedonomas...Arrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 03:25:11 pm »
Wow---this is great info---you sound like your in the business---

As the test strips I have don't detail the ppm on the chlorine
how much do you think I should use for this 480 gallon Jacuzzi to super nuke chlorinate it---for the 3 hour period?

Also---do I drain it first--then refill it and then do the "nuking"?

It's supposed to warm up to the 50's around here the next two days---it's my chance to try cleaning up this thing AGAIN--before the next cold blast hits next week--as it surely will this time of year.

Thanks again for the great reply

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 03:25:11 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2005, 04:33:51 pm »
Doc is ...  Doc! He is in the business .

As long as your other parameters are OK - Throw in the chlorine. Leave it in as long as you can. The longer it's in and the more scrubbing the pumps do, the better the nuking will work.

When I first got my tub and reading all about stagnent water and the recycled water that's used by manufacturers, I nuked the tub as Doc said, put in a cup of dichlor overnight.

I didn't want to subject my family of possibly contracting anything, I figured what's 1 more day.

Good luck!

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2005, 04:34:24 pm »
This Question is in regards to the scenario brought up buy Dr. Spa. " Here's another scenario. Your chlorine levels are fine. Two people get in the spa and within 15 minutes the chlorine is down to zero. A third person gets in who IS infected. There's no sanitizer in the water and that person infects EVERYONE. You get out of the spa and dump in some chlorine. testing the water shows proper sanitizer levels then. "ok, so all's good", from what you can see. BUT, too late, you got infected and probably wont notice it for a day or so. And you'll SWEAR the water was and has always been properly sanitized. This is something that happens with some frequency. "  Sorry I don't know how to bring up quotes of other people, but in regards to this scenario, what can be done to help protect the unaffected people without everybody lounging in super  chlorinated  water.

Blizzard
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 04:34:54 pm by blizzard »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2005, 04:42:30 pm »
Bromine or Baqua!

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Will Ozone and N2 help?
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2005, 01:34:24 am »
Wow, I didn't know that someone could have Pseudomonas on their body and infect the spa.  I always thought Pseudomonas was the result of bad water trapped in the plumbing.

Assuming you are sitting in water with very little sanitizer present, would ozone and N2 help at all?

ahhhhh Psuedonomas. It's an interesting bacteria. It's estimated that 25% of the population are not only imune to it, bit carry it on their body as a part of the natural "flanue and flora" of their being.

blizzard makes a good point of the possibiliy of something "different" happening some time before the out break. I can't tell you how MANY time I"ve heard of similar and eventually the perrson remembers, "oh yeah, my daughted had a party a week earlier"...... or, well, my mother in law was in it, but it was only for a short period of time, and she's family.

Here's another sererio. Your chlorine levels are fine. Two people get in the spa and within 15 minutes the chlorine is down to zero. A third person gets in who IS infected. There's no sanitizer in the water and that person infects EVERYONE. You get out of the spa and dump in some chlorine. testing the water shows proper sanitizer levels then. "ok, so all's good", from what you can see. BUT, too late, you got infected and probably wont notice it for a day or so. And you'll SWEAR the water was and has always been properly sanitized. This is something that happens with some frequency.

2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

Will Ozone and N2 help?
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2005, 01:34:24 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42