What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need leveling suggestions  (Read 1874 times)

blizzard

• Always gettin in to HOT water
Need leveling suggestions
« on: December 05, 2005, 07:41:05 pm »
Still trying to get all my ducks in a row in preperation for spa purchase and set up.  By the why probley need to discuss how much all of this advice is costing me before we go any farther.  What the heck,  is there really a price you can put on true happiness.  Now for the million dollar question.. I want to put the spa on  our back  patio and it is out of level by 1 and 3/4 of an inch in 8 feet. I thought I might build a short platform out of treated wood but there is kind of a hump in the middle of where I would want to put the spa.  Any other suggestions of what I can do to level the tub without spening alot of time and money. Thanks again you guys have been great.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 08:36:00 pm by blizzard »

Hot Tub Forum

Need leveling suggestions
« on: December 05, 2005, 07:41:05 pm »

J._McD

Re: Need leveling suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 10:39:10 pm »
Blizzard, by your name I simply must assume you are in the "snow belt" and it is not warm right now.  Well, let's try to do this so you and yours can get into hot water.

Using an 8' 2x4 you can use a level and determine how much and where you need to level.  By you statement, I will assume you need to level the area from 0" to 1 3/4".

Use a table saw to "rip" a 2x4 over the length needed to achieve your 1 3/4" taper.  Go to the other side of the "square" and establish your "level" and cut that taper as well.  Let us assume that it too is 1 3/4".  Now, connect a 2x4 to connect the two, creating what begins to be your flat level surface.

Next fill it with pea gravel, slag, sand or redi-mix and trowel it level then put a sheet of plywood base down over it, and await delivery.

You want to support the spa flat level to the ground from the center of the footwell out to the sides.  Remember, you have 5,000 pounds wanting to "press down" and you need to support it "flat level".  This will also accomodate the "hump" that you mentioned.

This should work, but it would be nice if it was warm outside, but it still can be done.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Need leveling suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 10:39:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42