What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: much easier way to keep water perfect  (Read 5616 times)

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
much easier way to keep water perfect
« on: November 30, 2005, 01:57:53 pm »
Guys,

Why are we wasting so much time with sanitizers and acid/base chemicals?

Here is a solution that is so much easier.

http://www.rhtubs.com/store/magnet.htm

Hot Tub Forum

much easier way to keep water perfect
« on: November 30, 2005, 01:57:53 pm »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: much easier way to keep water perfect
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 02:07:07 pm »
Before buying such a product, please educate yourself and research pages such as:

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/magscams.html

07 Caldera Geneva

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 02:12:07 pm »
what do you mean?
It's not going to work?

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 02:18:00 pm »
what do you mean?
It's not going to work?

No. It is not going to work.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 02:18:18 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 02:25:36 pm »
Does it come with a coupon for a discount on the Brooklyn Bridge? :o
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 02:27:32 pm »
Does it come with a coupon for a discount on the Brooklyn Bridge? :o

No, but it comes with a free bus ticket to Westminister CO. home of junk spa science.  :) ;)
07 Caldera Geneva

st18901

• '86 Sovereign!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 03:33:37 pm »
damn, and being a DIY kinda guy, I already bought a whole bunch of magnets for a couple bucks and was going to start putting them around all my hot tub pipes.

Are you sure this doesn't work? Are you sure that chemical companies aren't just trying to keep the market cornered?

Okay, if magnets don't work, how about this?
http://www.thank-water.net/english/index.htm
« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 03:37:25 pm by st18901 »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 03:52:07 pm »
Hate to be the barer of bad news guy. But the thing actually helps.

Before we started carrying them I was probably the most pessimistic of. But after talking to another spa dealer, that talked all his customers with water problems into using them I started coming around. He offered them with a money back guarantee if they didn't notice a difference in their water quality in 90. He was never asked for a refund.

I had a customer that was scientist with Lawrence Livermore Labs (previously with NASA) who wouldn't operate his spa without the magnets.

AND MOST importantly, my own experience  ;D When I started using them, my son felt he never needed to take a bath, since he was in the hot tub almost every day. My water was pretty good, but always had a haze to it. 3 days after adding the magnets the water was, and has been ever since, crystal clear.

Ya know, my son hated ice cream.. untill he tried it  ;)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 04:04:52 pm »
I respectufly have to disagree with your conclusions that
any benifts seen are due  to the magnets.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2005, 04:14:53 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 04:09:46 pm »
Doc,

I remember when you added this to your product line.  I thought I remembered you saying that people were asking for it, so you added it. (my memory sucks, so who knows)   Oh, by the way, my MPS and Hardness Up shipment, just arrived promptly as usual, thanks)

But how many have you sold?  Those kind of guarantees to me are like rebates, they hope the people just forget about it and don't want to deal with returns.   I'll put this one in the category of the Gillette M3 power razor.  It looks stupid to me, but if you want to send me one, I'll try it  ;)

Oh, I visited my friend this weekend who bought one of your covers for his Cal spa more than a year ago. Still looks great. He tells everyone about it.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 04:14:50 pm »
I also remember when you first tried them.  I believe they would help.  I don't believe they eliminate the need for sanitizers.  Correct?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 04:19:42 pm »
Doc,

I remember when you added this to your product line.  I thought I remembered you saying that people were asking for it, so you added it. (my memory sucks, so who knows)   Oh, by the way, my MPS and Hardness Up shipment, just arrived promptly as usual, thanks)

But how many have you sold?  Those kind of guarantees to me are like rebates, they hope the people just forget about it and don't want to deal with returns.   I'll put this one in the category of the Gillette M3 power razor.  It looks stupid to me, but if you want to send me one, I'll try it  ;)

Oh, I visited my friend this weekend who bought one of your covers for his Cal spa more than a year ago. Still looks great. He tells everyone about it.

A lot of the "new" things we offer are requested. but ah, my memory is worse than yours, and I also don't remember.

I haven't a clue as to how many we've sold. And I'm too lazy to run a report and figure it out  ;D . But I feel comfortable in guessing a couple hundred.

I figured the "rebate" deal as well. But, he claimed NO ONE at all ever returned one.......

Hey, believe it or not. It's your choice. Yes, magnets over the centuries have been claimed to do everything from turning lead into gold to curing the common cold... But that doesn't necessarily mean they don't do NOTHING.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 04:21:32 pm »
I also remember when you first tried them.  I believe they would help.  I don't believe they eliminate the need for sanitizers.  Correct?

Personally, I don't believe they eliminate the need for anything. I haven't reduced the amount of chlorine I use one bit. Do thay make the water easier to balance overall? I don't really know.......... ummmmmm, see, I don't really balance my water. I get rather lazy in that area. I do know though that my water looks better since I started using them. But, this is just me.

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2005, 04:25:42 pm »

Personally, I don't believe they eliminate the need for anything. I haven't reduced the amount of chlorine I use one bit. Do thay make the water easier to balance overall? I don't really know.......... ummmmmm, see, I don't really balance my water. I get rather lazy in that area. I do know though that my water looks better since I started using them. But, this is just me.

Agreed.  The original post insinuated that magnets take the place of sanitizers.  I believe there is something to this magnet therapy.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 04:26:36 pm »

do know though that my water looks better since I started using them. But, this is just me.

The forum looks better since we added Brook and Cappy, but, that's just me  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 04:26:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42